JCHC Launches Employee Wellness Program, "Cycles of Wellness"
Non-profit Organization Holds Exhibitor Expo to Kick Off Wellness Initiative for Employees at All Four of its Senior Living Communities in Northern New Jersey
West Orange, N.J., February 21, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey (JCHC) has unveiled its new employee wellness initiative, called Cycles of Wellness. To kick it off, the non-profit organization held a JCHC Cycles of Wellness Expo on January 31. Forty-eight employees from among the organization’s four senior living communities and corporate office attended the event, held at the Lester Senior Housing Community in Whippany.
“The mission of Cycles of Wellness is to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports healthy lifestyle choices,” said Laurie Loughney, COO of the JCHC. “Our employees take such good care of our residents, so we felt it was important to help them maintain their optimal health in turn.”
The event featured exhibitor tables with information, interactive displays, fitness demonstrations and more; exhibitors shared general wellness tips about staying fit at work and valuable information about eating well and reducing stress. Among the exhibitors were:
· Mitchell Goldberg, JCHC Regional Dining Director, who gave a cooking demonstration about healthy eating and prepared a delicious vegetable stir fry dish for everyone to sample.
· Pharmacist Samuel Reveron from St. Barnabas Medical Center, who provided free blood sugar screenings and shared information about diabetes detection and management
· Yoga therapist Tami Rager, who conducts yoga and mindfulness classes at the JCHC communities
· Aromatherapist Barbara Rimorin, who leads aromatherapy sessions for assisted living and memory care residents at the Lester Senior Housing Community
· Steve Weinman, a massage therapist at the JCC MetroWest, who offered relaxing, restorative chair massages
· Nimika Patel of Suryra Health Coaching in Branchburg
· Reggie Dale, a personal trainer at the JCC MetroWest Fitness Center
· Dietician Ellie Berardo of Shop-Rite in Livingston
Exhibitors and attendees alike thought the event was a big success, as employees came away with new insights into how to take better care of themselves.
The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey, with headquarters in West Orange, owns and manages four senior living communities in Essex and Morris counties. For more information, visit www.jchcorp.org.
Source: Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey