Institute for Financial Literacy Announces Winners of the 2016 Excellence in Financial Literacy Education (EIFLE) Awards
Recipients honored for their distinguished accomplishments in developing, implementing and promoting successful financial literacy education worldwide.
Orlando, FL, April 13, 2016 (Newswire.com) - The Institute for Financial Literacy (www.financiallit.org), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, located in Portland, ME, whose mission is to promote effective financial education and counseling, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Excellence In Financial Literacy Education (EIFLE) Awards (www.EIFLEawards.org), which were presented today at a gala ceremony during the Annual Conference on Financial Education in Orlando, Florida. Now in its tenth year, the EIFLE Awards were created to acknowledge innovation, dedication and the commitment of individuals and organizations that support financial literacy education worldwide. This year’s competition was impressive and diverse, with submissions from around the globe demonstrating the international importance of recognizing those at the forefront of financial education. After considering many strong nominations, the judges presented 14 EIFLE awards:
· Educator of the Year – Margaret Brooks & Rod Griffin
· Children’s Education Program of the Year, General – Tes Affaires Youth Website
· Children’s Education Program of the Year - Financial Responsibility and Decision Making – $martPath
· Adult’s Education Program of the Year, General – Enrich Workplace Financial Wellness Program
· Adult’s Education Program of the Year, Money Management – From Me to We
· Adult’s Education Program of the Year, Risk Management – Fraud Protection for Seniors and Managing your Finances in Retirement
· Children’s Book of the Year– Buck the Beaver Learns to Save by J.E. Demick
· Adult’s Book of the Year, General – The Procrastinator’s Guide to Retirement by David Trahair
· Adult’s Book of the Year, Credit – Twisdoms About Paying for College by Mark Kantrowitz
· Adult’s Book of the Year, Investment and Retirement Planning – Get Rich with Dividends by Marc Lichtenfeld
· Organization of the Year – BBVA Bancomer
· Legacy Award – Ronni Cohen
· Field Research of the Year – Banking Status and Financial Behaviors of Adults with Disabilities
Follow the Institute for Financial Literacy on Twitter: www.twitter.com/FinancialLit, Facebook: www.facebook.com/FinancialLit and LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/Institute-for-financial-literacy.
About the Excellence in Financial Literacy Education (EIFLE) Awards
Established in 2007, the mission of the EIFLE Awards is to promote the effective delivery of consumer financial products, services and education by acknowledging the accomplishments of those that advance financial literacy education. The EIFLE Awards dinner is held each year during the Annual Conference on Financial Education.
About the Institute for Financial Literacy
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization whose mission is to promote effective financial education and counseling. As a national authority on adult financial education, the Institute advances professionalism and effectiveness in the field of financial literacy by setting the National Standards for Adult Financial Literacy Education™, hosting the Annual Conference on Financial Education™, presenting the Excellence In Financial Literacy Education (EIFLE)™ Awards, maintaining the Library of Personal Finance™, and administering Fincert.org™, Council on Financial Education Accreditation™ and Center for Consumer Financial Research™. For more information about the Institute, visit www.FinancialLit.org or call 207-873-0068.
Source: Institute for Financial Literacy