Innovation in Product Experience and Why It Works! Prioritizes Packaging
Packaging design is just as important as the product inside, and the It Works! team is sharing valuable insights on how to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
PALMETTO, Fla., May 11, 2021 (Newswire.com) - Nearly 20 years ago, the seed for It Works!, an international and award-winning independent distributor platform that specializes in health, wellness, and beauty products, was planted, and since then, the company has grown from a once small, Midwestern company into a global, billion-dollar, digital-first company with established e-commerce, social media, and remote and flexible working structures.
A major component of the company's winning equation, beyond its ability to be early adopters with a keen eye for innovation, is the leadership team's ability to understand the importance and psychology behind product packaging to attract the attention of the consumer.
While the actual product is important, a 2018 study by the Paper and Packaging Board and IPSOS found that seven in 10 consumers agree packaging design can influence their purchasing decision.
"From the very beginning, our team at It Works! has taken the time to understand our consumers' wants and needs," said Kindsey Pentecost, Chief Marketing Officer of It Works!. "A big part of this has been placing an emphasis on our packaging, as it continues to play an integral role in appealing to our target market and selling our products."
The It Works! leadership team weighed in on this topic and shared some valuable advice about creating packaging that catches the eye of the consumer:
- Colors are important and will distinguish a brand from competitors, attract consumer attention, and convey emotion (Ex: green often evokes feelings of freshness).
- The simplicity of a design can sometimes prove most effective - in a growing era of minimalist culture, allowing the consumer to create their own interpretation of a brand and experience can leave more to the imagination.
- Think beyond the physicality of the product and understand how design can translate to other interfaces. Is the design of the product digital-friendly? Does it lend itself to e-commerce, social media, and influencer content creator platforms?
- No matter the product, packaging design should be made with the target audience's wants and needs at the forefront.
- Packaging shouldn't be seen as the last piece of the puzzle before going to market. It's an essential part of a company's marketing and sales efforts because it's essentially the difference-maker if a consumer will choose a brand's product over another.
It Works! pairs its popular products with packaging designs that are sleek and simplistic and innovative to keep the focus on what's inside by clearly and succinctly articulating the product and its benefits.
The minimalist product packaging creates a professional and modern feel, a growing trend in the retail space empowering buyers and users to feel confident in their purchase decisions by thinking about what's inside, not being dictated or overtly advertised on the outside.
It Works! knows what it takes to appeal to its loyal users and provide the experience consumers are looking for brands to deliver on and strives to continue to deliver these experiences as these ever-evolving needs continue to progress.
About It Works!
It Works!, a Palmetto, Florida-based direct sales company that was founded in 2001, is known for its health and wellness lines with famed items like their Skinny Brew, a premium coffee. Their innovative product line includes nutrition, lifestyle, and beauty products, including collaborations from celebrities, such as the world-renowned Dr. Paul Nassif. It Works! has received countless awards and accolades. For five consecutive years, It Works! earned a spot on Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000's list of "Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America." In 2016, the company was ranked as a "Top 20 Fastest-Growing Direct Sales Organization in North America" by DSN Magazine. Direct Selling News honored the company in 2017 and 2018 with its "Best Place to Work" award, and in 2020, It Works! received Platinum Status by the Consumer-Centric Recognition Program that's hosted by Direct Selling News. The company has expanded into 23 countries and currently has over 150,000 independent distributors worldwide and maintains a debt-free status to date. With a strong brand culture founded in values of connection, friendship, fun, and freedom - It Works! continues to provide science-backed, real solutions for its community of entrepreneurs and consumers.
Visit www.ItWorks.com for additional information.
Source: It Works!