How a Hot Melt Adhesive System is Revolutionizing Food & Beverage Packaging, New Webinar Hosted by Xtalks
Food and beverage packagers want to improve their uptime and efficiency as well as improve productivity and production—all without compromising quality. This webinar will address these issues by introducing an all-electronic hot melt system that is revolutionizing packaging for the food and beverage industry.
TORONTO, April 4, 2018 (Newswire.com) - The hot melt system introduced in this webinar (EcoStitch™) offers a sustainable concept for hot melt adhesive dispensing that reduces adhesive usage, improves production line efficiency, and eliminates consumable parts and downtime. This eco-conscious solution can reduce adhesive usage up to 75% for instant return on investment with payback in as little as four months.
By combining low pressure and large orifice nozzles, EcoStitch™ all-electric technology virtually eliminates the possibility of nozzles plugging. Electric systems require fewer seals and spare parts to run, which minimizes the chance of valve failure, as well as downtime associated with repairs. This technology allows you to precisely control the adhesive volume and weight that is dispensed in order to produce accurate adhesive dot patterns that can reduce adhesive usage by 30% – 75%.
In this live webinar, viewers will learn …
- How to obtain Hard ROI and savings instantly by implementing EcoStitch™ Systems
- The differences between a pneumatic system and an all-electric system
- How seals and spare parts impact your investment
- About the EcoStitch™ Hot Melt Adhesive Gluing System
- EcoStitch™ benefits and solutions
- How to obtain better package quality and bond strength while using less adhesive
- A beverage manufacturer case study
- EcoStitch™ product specifications and configuration options
· Using an all-electric hot melt system allows for the use of lower pressures and larger nozzles, therefore dispensing the same amount of adhesive through a larger nozzle. Gear pumps can provide a safer application scenario while enhancing your production up-time.
· The EcoStitch solution removes the dynamic seals and additional equipment required to run pneumatic pumps and valves. The MX electric valve has zero dynamic seals compared to the 16 dynamic seals in the comparable pneumatic applicator and air solenoid.
Adhesive Usage Reduction
· The MX electric valve is controlled by an EcoStitch™ driver that produces an intelligent dot and gap glue pattern that is configurable by the customer for their unique product requirements but utilizing their existing recipes in the PLC programming. Adhesive savings can be tailored between 10%-85%.
· The most frequent source of maintenance and downtime on packaging lines involves changing failed pneumatic glue modules, plugged nozzles, and solenoids. Switching to electric guns eliminates the need for air solenoids and modules that can be soiled and worn with a dirty, wet, and sometimes inconsistent air supply. The MX EcoStitch electric valve can run over 2 billion cycles and has no source of wear.
With fewer moving parts virtually eliminating the chances of failure, the spare parts stock is reduced to a minimum, resulting in lower investment, storage costs, and downtime associated with the replacement of parts. On the other hand, the reduction in adhesive usage brings additional savings that guarantee payback in as little as 4 months.
How it works
EcoStitch™ applies precision dots of adhesive in place of traditional lines or short line stitch. The EcoStitch™ hot melt adhesive gluing system doesn’t produce “angel hair” and has zero dynamic seals in the applicators, therefore, eliminating parts changes and usage of items such as nozzles, air solenoids, and glue modules. There are no size limitations. Achieve the smallest bead size by setting the valve into stitch mode through the driver or pattern control.
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at 11 a.m. EDT (4 p.m. BST/UK), join industry expert from Valco Melton Andy Stamp, National Sales Manager and Director of Hot Melt, for an informative session.
For more information about this complimentary event, visit: How a Hot Melt Adhesive System is Revolutionizing Food & Beverage Packaging
Xtalks, powered by Honeycomb Worldwide Inc., is a leading provider of educational webinars to the global Life Sciences community. Every year thousands of industry practitioners (from pharmaceutical and biotech companies, private and academic research institutions, healthcare centers, etc.) turn to Xtalks for access to quality content. Xtalks helps Life Science professionals stay current with industry developments, trends, and regulations. Xtalks webinars also provide perspectives on key issues from top industry thought leaders and service providers.
To learn more about Xtalks visit http://xtalks.com
For information about hosting a webinar visit http://xtalks.com/sponsorship.ashx
Tel: +1 (416) 977-6555 ext 352