CONCORD, Ma., October 16, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science's American calibration laboratory receives an ISO 17025 approval for A2LA certification of Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES)
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Americas, Inc. is pleased to announce that on Thursday, Oct. 12, their calibration laboratory received the acclaimed American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for their Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES) product line. Calibration laboratories that receive the A2LA accreditation are held to the highest standards published by the Organization for Standardization (ISO) meaning that they meet requirements for Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories covered under ISO 17025. Hitachi High-Tech’s calibration laboratory is currently the only manufacturer of OES equipment to hold an A2LA qualification within the United States.
By achieving this recent A2LA accreditation we continue to build on a center of excellence for service and calibration at the Concord facility. We want our customers to know that we are devoted to providing tests that adhere to industry standards and that we are committed to ensure accurate and reliable analysis, especially for those of our partners who require extreme precision in analysis for advanced manufacturing. We are dedicated to differentiate Hitachi High-Tech's service capabilities from our competitors by continuously pursuing new ways to be better.
Kelly Marchand, Customer Support Manager, Americas
Hitachi High-Tech is proud to receive this accreditation because A2LA is recognized as the main industry standard for testing and calibration laboratories. Being A2LA compliant confirms the reliability and accuracy of tests performed within our laboratory and it serves as a quality management system by providing strict guidelines for the laboratory to follow.
This recent A2LA certification for OES instrumentation was strategically sought to strengthen and expand on the Hitachi High-Tech’s calibration laboratory located in Concord, Massachusetts. This accreditation compliments their existing A2LA accreditation for X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) coating thickness instruments where they have been compliant with A2LA since 2013.
Hitachi High-Tech's recent move to obtain a supplemental accreditation is also significant because in 2015 Hitachi High-Tech (formerly Oxford Instruments Industrial Analysis) restructured to bring all service of the OES products they manufactured in-house. This approach was deliberate to directly influence and foster an improved customer experience. This restructure brought a significant addition to the U.S.-based facility through increased personnel with years of OES expertise to the Concord laboratory enabling Hitachi High-Tech to better listen to and fulfill customer’s needs.
Kelly Marchand, Customer Support Manager, Americas added: “By achieving this recent A2LA accreditation we continue to build on a center of excellence for service and calibration at the Concord facility. We want our customers to know that we are devoted to providing tests that adhere to industry standards and that we are committed to ensure accurate and reliable analysis especially for those of our partners who require extreme precision in analysis for advanced manufacturing. We are dedicated to differentiate Hitachi High-Tech’s service capabilities from our competitors by continuously pursuing new ways to be better.”
The Hitachi High-Tech service and calibration laboratory is committed to continuous improvement and pursuing technologies to keep up with leading-edge industrial applications; therefore, we pledge to ensure that our laboratory capabilities are held to the highest of standards in order to provide customers with more options for re-certification, re-calibration and service repairs that are geared toward optimal business performance.
If you are a company using optical emission spectroscopy in compliance with a quality control system and would like more information on the A2LA Accredited service and support we offer, you can call: 1-888-580-8070 or email us at email@example.com
About Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science:
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science is a global company created in July 2017 within the Hitachi High Technologies Group. We are headquartered in Oxford, UK, with research and development and assembly operations in Finland, Germany and China and sales and support operations in a number of countries around the world.
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science has a rich 40- year heritage of providing high-tech analysis equipment and services, designed to meet the tough challenges of a rapidly evolving industrial sector.
Developed in close collaboration with industry customers, our range of laboratory-based and robust high-performance in-field testing instruments deliver materials and coatings analysis that adds value throughout the production lifecycle.
From raw material exploration to incoming inspection, production and quality control to recycling, a team of in-house experts have developed customized testing methodologies for hundreds of industrial applications, delivering simplicity of operation for even the most demanding applications.
Our product range includes:
- Our PMI-MASTER, FOUNDRY-MASTER and TEST-MASTER range of analyzers are used by industries the world over for fast and precise metals analysis. Featuring optical emission spectroscopy technology, all important elements with low detection limits and high precision can be determined, including carbon in steel and all technically relevant main and trace elements in nearly all metals.
- X-MET8000 handheld analyzers, used by thousands of businesses to deliver simple, rapid and non-destructive analysis for alloy analysis, scrap metal sorting and metal grade screening using precision XRF technology.
- VULCAN handheld analyzers, with LIBS laser technology, identify metal alloys in just one second, making it one of the fastest analyzers in the world. This hugely benefits businesses processing high volumes of metal.
- X-STRATA, ECO and MAXXI microspot XRF analyzers measure coating thickness of single- and multi-layer coatings, including alloy layers and are designed to be incorporated into quality control or process control programs, as well as research laboratories.
- Lab-X3500 and X-Supreme8000 benchtop XRF analyzers deliver quality assurance and process control across a diverse range of industries such as petroleum, wood treatment, cement, minerals, mining and plastics.
About Hitachi High Technologies:
The Hitachi High-Technologies Group, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan has developed a global business around the four segments of Science and Medical Systems, Electronic Device Systems, Industrial Systems and Advanced Industrial Products with the corporate vision "To consistently aim to be global top in high-tech solutions" and the mission "To turn our customers into fast-moving, cutting-edge businesses."
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science website: http://www.hitachi-hightech.com/hha
- Inquiries: A2LA, ISO 17025, Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES), Hitachi High-Tech Corporation, U.S. calibration laboratory, X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
Tel.+1 (888) 580-8070
Source: Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science