Headwall Partners Announces Publication -- 'Headwall 2022 Steel & Metals Outlook Survey'
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., May 9, 2022 (Newswire.com) - Headwall Partners LLC ("Headwall"), an independent corporate finance and strategic advisory firm focused on the steel, metals, and mining industries, today announced the publication of its sixth annual "Headwall Steel & Metals Outlook Survey". Headwall's annual survey examines the perspectives of corporate leaders of the North American steel & metals industry regarding their outlook for sources and rates of sector growth and the impact of economic policy and politics on such growth.
Peter J. Scott, Founder and Managing Partner of Headwall Partners, commented, "This year's outlook survey draws some very interesting conclusions from senior sector executives, including an expectation for the return of inflation and multi-year strength in metals pricing as a result of the war in Ukraine."
Headwall conducted a detailed survey of sector executives at the Chairman, CEO and CFO levels to assess how management teams in the metals industry are pursuing growth. The 38 participating companies represented a broad spectrum of the industry's subsectors, company sizes, and ownership structures. Sample survey results include:
- 81% of respondents are more optimistic about the prospects for the financial performance of their company in the next three years versus the last two years.
- The majority of respondents expect modest growth in demand for steel and aluminum over the next 3-5 years.
- 87% of respondents anticipate that the war in Ukraine will lead to higher metals prices, and 58% of respondents expect this price impact will last 3-5 years.
- 45% believe, pro forma for announced mill expansions, there will be insufficient scrap steel for the U.S. marketplace.
- 45% of respondents expect M&A to be the greatest single source of growth for their company over the next three years.
The complete results of Headwall's survey can be found by clicking here.
About Headwall Partners
Headwall Partners LLC is a corporate finance and strategic advisory firm focused principally on the steel, metals, and mining industry. Led by veteran investment banker Peter J. Scott, Headwall provides strategic advice on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity placements, restructurings, valuations, and other financial services. Clients rely on Headwall for its in-depth industry knowledge, candid advice, and intellectual rigor. Headwall conducts its business in alliance with affiliate firms in order to augment Headwall's industry expertise with the specific product expertise of its affiliates. Headwall Partners is based in Delray Beach, Florida, and serves clients globally. To learn more about Headwall Partners, please visit www.headwallpartners.com.
Transactions in securities are executed by a registered broker dealer.
|Peter J. Scott|
Source: Headwall Partners