Golf Fest Returns to Riverwalk Golf Club Next Week
Check out a Guinness World Record long drive attempt, get a certificate for a free round of golf, enjoy the best from San Diego's top craft breweries, plus live music and much more!
San Diego, CA, February 26, 2016 (Newswire.com) - Golf Fest returns to Riverwalk Golf Club on March 4th and 5th, as it celebrates its 19th year. Golf Fest gives golfers of all ages and skill range the opportunity to test out the latest gear and receive hands-on training from PGA pros. If that’s not enough, there’ll be an amazing trick show, a long drive clinic for all attendees, along with a variety of vendors displaying the latest in golf clothing, shoes, bags, clubs and more.
This year’s show will feature “Capt’n Crush” Lynn Ray’s Guinness World Record attempt for the most 300-yard drives hit in one hour. Since having his record broken by Andrew Frakes of 448 golf balls hit in 2013, Ray claimed two new Guinness records at Golf Fest Phoenix. He will raise the stakes even higher as he attempts to break a new record in San Diego.
In addition to Lynn’s record-breaking attempt, Golf Fest will feature:
• Get a certificate good for a FREE round of golf at Riverwalk Golf Club on (for Friday attendees only) and Mt. Woodson Golf Club (for Saturday attendees only) with paid admission (valid Monday-Thursday anytime except holidays & mandatory $15 cart fee is required)
• Meet the reps from TaylorMade, PING, Cobra, Callaway, Cleveland, Wilson, Adams and more
• Win some big prizes in the Golf Fest putting challenge supporting local charities
• Participate in FREE golf clinics for golfers of all levels
• Learn how to hit the ball longer in a FREE clinic by world long-drive competitor Lynn Ray
• Get some great deals on name brand apparel, bags, shoes and more from Fairway Golf
• Check out an amazing golf trick shot show
• Participate in a FREE short game and putting clinic by Riverwalk PGA pros
• Check out the hottest new putters on the market
• Participate in the U.S. Putting Tour challenge for some great prizes
• Watch Cap’n Crush Lynn Ray’s Guinness world record attempt at 2:30pm each day
• Get a one-year subscription to Golf Digest
• Check out some live music by Pat Hilton
• Enjoy a brew and brat in the Craft Beer Garden that will feature 7 of the top local craft breweries
Golfers in attendance will be able to meet representatives from premier golf companies ranging from TaylorMade, Cobra, Callaway, PING, and more. These companies will be offering golfers a chance to demo their latest clubs, get custom fit and receive great prices. There will also be incredible prices on shoes, clothing, golf bags, golf travel and much more.
Attendees will also receive a certificate good for a free round of golf at Riverwalk or Mt. Woodson Golf Club (with tee time restrictions and a cart fee) along with a one-year subscription to Golf Digest.
Golf Fest San Diego is sponsored in part by Wilson Golf, Fairway Golf, Mighty 1090, Golfing Southern Cal magazine, SCGA, Riverwalk Golf Club, Mt. Woodson Golf Club, Welk Resort, Sycuan Resort, and Town and Country Resort. For more information about Golf Fest, please call Heidi Tweedt at (619) 683-3700 or visit our Facebook page at golffestshow.com. Admission is $10 for adults and children under 10 are admitted free. Show hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.