FOOD IT: The Full Stack
Exploring the full stack of food and ag digitization and highlighting the challenges and innovations in each layer of the stack.
SAN FRANCISCO, May 14, 2018 (Newswire.com) - For the fifth consecutive year, The Mixing Bowl presents FOOD IT, under the theme “The Full Stack.” Action-oriented entrepreneurs, industry players, investors, and representatives from leading global food and ag innovation hubs will gather at our event.
FOOD IT: “The Full Stack” will utilize the tech developers’ full stack model to assess the current digitization of food and agriculture, to identify areas of progress as well as near-term developments needed to overcome the impasse.
The event will utilize four distinct elements to explore the progress of this development effort:
- Moderated Group Discussions on the Four Layers of the Stack:
- Physical Layer: Digitizing Food/Ag Physical World Data
- Data Layer: Getting Food/Ag Data Flowing
- App Layer: Doing Food/Ag Jobs with Tech
- UI/UX Layer: Digitizing our Interface with Food
- The Blender Startup Pitch Competition with Food/AgTech start-ups once again vying to win the “Golden Blender Award” pitching to seasoned venture capitalists.
- Deep Dive Interactive Breakout Sessions providing participants the opportunity to take a deep dive together for a collaborative discussion of timely topics related to food, agriculture, and technology.
- Innovation Marketplace with innovators giving hands-on demonstrations of products, services, and programs.
"For the fifth year, thought leaders from the food, ag, and tech sectors will once again gather for this thought-provoking event. Through a day of interactive engagement, we will seek to better understand the whole picture and the full stack of food and ag digitization, the challenges and some of the solutions and technologies in each part of the stack." - said Rob Trice, The Mixing Bowl's founder.
Date: June 26, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: UCSF, Mission Bay Conference Center
Address: 1675 Owens St #251, San Francisco, CA 94158
General Admission: $250 – discount codes can be applied
Tickets available here!
This year’s presenting sponsor is Davis Wright Tremaine and the event partners include University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, QB3, and The VINE.
- To be a FOOD IT: The Full Stack sponsor
- To participate in The Blender: Business Pitch Competition
- To exhibit in the Innovation Marketplace
- For media passes and for more info, see contact above
The Mixing Bowl
First conceived in 2013 in Silicon Valley, The Mixing Bowl stimulates the adoption of IT innovation in the food and agriculture industries through business-focused dialogue between existing industry players, start-ups, investors, and other food innovators.
It aims to foster strong bonds between the IT innovation ecosystem and the Food & Ag sectors, as well as develop strong ties between Food & Ag innovation hubs within California, across the US, and expand throughout the globe.
Source: The Mixing Bowl
Categories: Emerging Businesses