Five Star Announces Executive Hires
Supporting commitment to growth and sustainability leadership in packaging
HOUSTON, November 7, 2022 (Newswire.com) - Five Star Holding, a leader in sustainable packaging solutions, announced the continued expansion of its senior leadership team with the addition of two new executive hires: Scott Werner as Chief Financial Officer; and Tonya Pullen as Vice President of Marketing.
Scott Werner has over 20 years of public and private company experience with leading flexible packaging and manufacturing companies across a range of finance roles. Scott comes to Five Star after serving as the CFO of Pennant Moldings, following divisional controller roles for Graham Packaging, Amcor, and Flint Group as well as a VP Finance position at AMETEK. Scott will be responsible for finance and IT functions within Five Star and brings a unique skill set focused on business analytics, governance, controls, and strategic expansion.
Tonya Pullen was with Walmart for over 24 years, starting as a store associate in 1998 and holding increasingly senior roles across multiple aspects of the business. Most recently, Tonya was the Director of Global Procurement developing sustainable supply chain solutions for operations, merchandising, and facilities. She will work with Five Star's customers and sales team to enhance the Company's industry-leading sustainability solutions, including the PurE 100% PE mono-material products and FreshStart post-consumer resin (PCR) closed-loop programs, as well as support the expansion of Five Star's ESG focus.
Mike Ukropina, CEO of Five Star, commented, "The addition of Scott and Tonya is evidence of our commitment to growth. We are building a team that shares our company's passion for performance, investment in people, and developing packaging solutions that advance our customers' goals."
About the Five Star Family of Companies
Five Star is an integrated group of manufacturing companies with industry-leading flexible packaging, printed films, and sustainable packaging solutions. Five Star is centrally located in Houston, Texas, and vertically integrated across multiple facilities that encompass extrusion, printing and converting operations. Five Star provides innovative packaging solutions to Fortune 500 consumer packaged goods companies and large national retailers across the following five business entities:
- StarPak combines leading-edge printing and extrusion capabilities to produce technical films, bags, and pouches for CPG and industrial products companies.
- Polytex provides innovative laminated woven sacks, quad-seal bags, pouches, and structures for various consumer markets, including pet foods and treats.
- Superbag is a leading manufacturer and converter of environmentally focused high-PCR content retail carry-out bags, e-commerce mailers, and extruded films.
- Fresh Pak is a state-of-the-art recycling operation that manufactures extruded products from, and provides processing of, post-consumer (PCR) and industrial recycled resins.
- Jumbo Bag provides bulk container bags that are custom designed to meet demanding customer applications.
Source: Five Star Holding