VALENCIA, Spain, May 17, 2022 (Newswire.com) - KubeCon Europe, Booth #S14 - Fairwinds, the leading provider of Kubernetes governance software, today announced the latest enhancements to Fairwinds Insights, the platform that unites DevSecOps teams. The latest version includes enhancements to help DevOps teams manage the complexity of keeping Kubernetes secure, alongside security teams, in ever-changing, agile development and production environments.
"Kubernetes is a constantly changing environment that needs continuous scanning to ensure developers can ship their apps faster while ensuring configuration is secure from the start," said Joe Pelletier, VP of Product at Fairwinds. "The security enhancements we announced today are another step we've taken to give DevSecOps teams a single, centralized view into the security of their containers and infrastructure-as-code at the time of pull request, all the way through to runtime. By doing so, we can help them save time, enable speed-to-market and avoid the need to deploy and manage custom point solutions."
Tristan Bates, Engineering Manager, SRE Platform, PagerDuty, said, "Two things we monitor, and that are important to solve at an organization level, are security and compliance standards. We want every team to meet these standards, and it needs to be easy to implement without blocking productivity. That's why we use Fairwinds Insights and integrate it through the entire software development life cycle to alert teams if something is not compliant."
Fairwinds Insights' new security enhancements include:
- Auto-Scan Infrastructure-as-Code to support GitOps - designed for Platform Engineering Managers who need to roll out Infrastructure-as-Code scanning across multiple teams, Auto-Scan automatically discovers and scans YAML files and Helm charts in GitHub Repos and provides automated scanning - without requiring individual CI pipeline integrations. With Auto-Scan, Platform Engineering teams can configure Infrastructure-as-Code scanning in minutes - creating an immediate feedback loop so developers can fix issues faster.
- Third-party Image Upgrade Recommendation - accelerate remediation by recommending newer versions of third-party images with fewer vulnerabilities.
- Falco Support - Fairwinds Insights can now integrate security events from the open source runtime container security project, Falco. This provides DevSecOps teams with a single pane of glass for monitoring container security and out-of-the-box integrations for automatically routing incidents to third-party tools like Slack and PagerDuty.
- Vulnerability Explorer - Use Fairwinds Insights to identify the riskiest container images across Kubernetes clusters, including recommended upgrade and remediation options.
Fairwinds Insights also helps DevSecOps teams achieve compliance with the Kubernetes Hardening Guidance technical report issued by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Learn more about how Insights helps with Kubernetes Hardening: https://www.fairwinds.com/kubernetes-nsa-hardening-insights
- Kubernetes Security
- Kubernetes Policy Enforcement
- Kubernetes Configuration Benchmark Report
- Fairwinds and PagerDuty integration
Fairwinds is the trusted partner for Kubernetes governance and security. With Fairwinds, customers ship cloud native applications faster, more cost-effectively and with less risk. Fairwinds provides a unified view between dev, sec and ops, removing friction between those teams with software that simplifies complexity. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA and provides a fully remote and distributed work environment. For more information, visit www.fairwinds.com, read our blog or follow @FairwindsOps on Twitter.