Tampa, Florida, May 30, 2017 (Newswire.com) - May is a great time of the year to venture out into the great outdoors for a camping trip. While most people will remember to pack the most obvious camping supplies like food, water, clothing, toiletries, and sleeping gear, often many forget about the more obscure items that could come in handy in many camping scenarios.
Besides packing the obvious necessities, here are Eva-Dry’s 10 must-have items when camping that are commonly forgotten:
"Being prepared when camping is essential. By packing a portable Eva-Dry dehumidifier with your camping necessities, you will not let muggy and damp conditions ruin your trip."
Ken Judd, Vice President
1. Duct Tape – From tent tears to securing items from windy weather, duct tape has countless uses that can come in handy when you are out in the wilderness.
2. Rope – Like duct tape, rope also has so many uses at a campsite, including building a shelter, creating a clothing line, and tying down and securing items, to name a few.
3. First Aid Kit – From band-aids to bug bite cream, a basic first aid kit is essential to bring on any trip.
4. Map and Compass – With GPS on cell phones, these two items are often overlooked. Having an old fashion map and compass can get you out of a bind should you lose cellphone reception.
5. Whistle – If your phone loses signal, you’ll be happy you have another option for communicating if you need help.
6. Tarps – A tarp can provide multiple practical uses when camping, including using it as a floor sheet if the ground is wet and muddy or as an impromptu shelter from the rain.
7. Ziploc Bags – With so many uses, Ziploc bags are great to pack to waterproof your valuables, keep food in, and store your toiletries in to prevent against leaks and spills.
8. Extra Batteries – Be prepared with extra batteries so you are literally not left in the dark, should your flashlight battery die.
9. Safety Pins – Tiny, lightweight, and compact, the small but mighty safety pin can come in handy when camping to repair clothing or even use as a fishing hook.
10. Eva-Dry Dehumidifier – Weather can change at any moment, so it is important to be prepared for rainy and humid conditions and the impact they will have on your camping living quarters. While you can’t control outside conditions, you certainly can make your lodging space as comfortable as possible. Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers are ideal for keeping moisture and dampness down in your RV, cabin, or tent.
“Being prepared when camping is essential,” said Ken Judd, Vice President of Eva-Dry. “By packing a portable Eva-Dry dehumidifier with your camping necessities, you will not let muggy and damp conditions ruin your trip.”
Eva-Dry dehumidifiers work with a technologically-advanced silica gel, which absorbs moisture safely, silently and without harmful chemicals. They are also spill- and mess-free, which makes it easy to pack in your duffel bag. And best of all, when you are not using it on your camping trip, you can use it year-round in your house to fight against mold, mildew, and moisture for up to 10 years.
When camping, whether you are staying in a cabin, tent, or RV, it is important that you come prepared with all the essential items needed to have an enjoyable trip. Be ready on your next outdoor adventure with the above must-have items when camping, including the most efficient way to fight against moisture, an Eva-Dry renewable mini dehumidifier.
About Eva-Dry Dehumidifiers
Since 2003, Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers have earned their reputation as the safest, healthiest and most efficient method to reduce ambient moisture by providing a higher absorption rate than alternate disposable dehumidifying products. The compact, renewable Eva-Dry units reduce humidity to fight mold, moisture and mildew in homes, boats, RVs, safes, and other valuable item storage. Visit http://www.eva-dry.com, or call (877) 382-3790 for more information.