Elan Recovery + Wellness: 5 Important Points About Alcohol and Addiction
NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla., March 6, 2018 (Newswire.com) - According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, it’s estimated that 88,000 people in America die each year from alcohol-related causes. This makes it the third leading cause of death in the country. The more people understand alcohol addiction, the more they can help to reduce the risks associated with it for themselves or their loved ones.
“It’s difficult for people to put alcohol into perspective because drinking has become so common and seemingly accepted in our society,” said Bob Lehmann, chief executive officer of Elan Recovery + Wellness, located in North Palm Beach, Florida. “Yet alcohol abuse and addiction have taken a serious toll on people. It’s an issue that has a larger reach beyond just the person who is drinking more than they should.”
It's difficult for people to put alcohol into perspective because drinking has become so common and seemingly accepted in our society. Yet alcohol abuse and addiction have taken a serious toll on people. It's an issue that has a larger reach beyond just the person who is drinking more than they should.
Bob Lehmann, CEO of Elan Recovery + Wellness
There are many things that people are not aware of when it comes to alcohol and alcohol addiction:
- Glasses are getting bigger. It’s estimated that over the last 300 years, wine glasses are now seven times their original size.
- Greek life on college campuses is heavily affected by alcohol and alcohol-related incidents.
- Researchers have found that drinks that have a higher alcohol concentration are the ones that often lead to feelings of aggression.
- Often times, those who have alcohol addiction problems don’t realize there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. When it leads to problems with family, employment or it begins interfering with normal activities and duties, it is time to seek help.
- Finding the right program is essential to long-term recovery. Addressing the problem, working through it and creating a plan will aid in preventing a future relapse.
“Most people don’t want their lives to be impacted by alcohol but lack the tools they need to make positive changes,” said Lehmann. “The right program can provide the tools needed to help create positive changes. It’s all about taking the first important step to getting help that is readily available.”
About Elan Recovery + Wellness
Located in North Palm Beach, Florida, Elan Recovery + Wellness is a 52-bed addiction treatment and wellness center. Experienced professionals lead the way in addressing addiction to help clients achieve life-long success. Programs are data-driven, outcome-focused, evidence-based and help people plan for long-term life success.
The multi-disciplined approach to overcoming addiction also addresses the emotional reasons that often fuel it, further helping to reduce chances of relapse. For more information on Elan Recovery + Wellness, visit the site at http://www.elanrw.com or contact:
VP Strategic Accounts and Resource Development
Bloomberg View. America’s overlooked addiction crisis. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-01/america-s-overlooked-addiction-crisis
Live Science. Alcohol (glass shattering and from wild to mild). https://www.livescience.com/topics/alcohol
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Alcohol facts and statistics. https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics
Source: Elan Recovery + Wellness