BLOOMINGTON, Minn., August 10, 2021 (Newswire.com) - Edmentum, a global pioneer in education technology, recently completed the successful launch of its 2021-22 back-to-school enhancements, which are designed to save teachers time and provide a best-in-class flexible learning experience that builds school around the needs of each student. These new releases represent improvements to current programs based on direct educator feedback and the development of new offerings to meet evolving student needs.
"This last school year, educators depended on their technology partners to support flexible learning like they never had before, and our place in the fabric of daily instruction only strengthened," said Edmentum Chief Technology Officer Paul Johansen. "This summer's set of releases is a direct response to the opportunities uncovered and innovative implementations observed, as we remain committed to being educators' most trusted partner."
Exact Path, Edmentum's K-12 diagnostic-driven direct instruction program, released a significant refresh specifically designed for K-2 students. A learner interface redesign improves developmentally appropriate navigation and addresses device and accessibility needs achieving Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA compliance. Fifty new elementary lessons and aligned assessment items focus primarily on reading foundations, including phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, and word analysis skills.
Additionally, Exact Path introduced grade-level proficiency reporting to support K-8 students using the Exact Path diagnostic assessment. This was achieved using a research-based method called standard setting to set valid and reliable cut scores for proficiency that yield indications of grade-level proficiency based on seasonal expectations inside diagnostic reporting.
To learn more about these and other Exact Path enhancements, visit the Edmentum blog.
Courseware, Edmentum's grade 6-adult digital curriculum program, introduced three redesigned courses focused on developing conceptual knowledge, procedural fluency, and analytical thinking of core concepts.
- Geometry offers more interactivity and practice, provides explicit instruction to clarify common misconceptions, and features custom videos aligned to investigation activities.
- U.S. History employs an inquiry-based model that focuses on both analytical thinking and historical context. The content centers on underrepresented voices and presents information through multiple experiential lenses.
- English 9 is designed to meet the needs of credit recovery as well as tier 1 instruction. The course contains thematically organized units, new unit teacher guides, and authentic texts that incorporate a variety of voices to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in both authorship and character experience.
To learn more about these and other Courseware enhancements, visit the Edmentum blog.
Edmentum proudly partners with BASE Education to offer social-emotional learning (SEL) curriculum for grades 1-12. For the 2021-22 school year, our partnership is expanding to include:
- BASEline, a formative assessment tool to assess grades 6-12 student SEL needs and recommend courses aligned to assessment results.
- Five new educator courses focused on SEL professional development, adding to BASE Education's library of more than 100 courses.
To learn more about these and other BASE Education enhancements, visit the Edmentum blog.
Edmentum, Inc., a global leader in education technology, is committed to helping educators individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, and actionable data. Edmentum is committed to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Built on 60 years of experience in education, Edmentum solutions like Courseware, Exact Path, Study Island, and EdOptions Academy currently support educators and students in more than 40,000 schools nationwide and internationally. For more information, visit edmentum.com.
About BASE Education
BASE Education is the worlds' first fully online or in-class, CASEL-approved, and evidence-based, social-emotional learning solution. The curriculum is crafted by mental health professionals and educators with more than 25 years of real-world experience. As students regulate their emotions and behaviors, develop relationship skills and social awareness, and practice critical decision-making to plan for their futures, BASE Education and social-emotional learning serve as powerful tools at the heart of that work. For more information, visit base.education.
Edmentum, Exact Path, and Courseware are trademarks of Edmentum, Inc.
BASE Education is a registered trademark of BASE Education, LLC.