Chevy Chase, MD, July 26, 2017 (Newswire.com) - The 8th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit is expected to attract up to 1000 attendees at the leading cybersecurity summit in the nation's capital.
With powerhouse keynotes from the Director of National Intelligence, U.S. Central Command, the White House, industry and the United Kingdom, the event will attract senior level decision-makers to tackle the tough issues of cybersecurity—and will examine where we are headed next.
The Summit comes at a pivotal time, as cyber attacks increase in frequency and intensity, affecting all segments of government, the military and the private sector.
THOMAS K. BILLINGTON, CHAIRMAN & FOUNDER, BILLINGTON CYBERSECURITY
The theme this year is "Today | Tomorrow | The Future: Ensuring Cybersecurity in Uncertain Times".
The Summit takes place at the Walter Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C. on Sept. 13.
"The Summit comes at a pivotal time, as cyber attacks increase in frequency and intensity, affecting all segments of government, the military, and the private sector," said Thomas K. Billington, chairman, and founder of Billington CyberSecurity.
In addition, CIOs, CISOs and other cyber experts have confirmed from:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Health and Human Services
- The Department of Defense
- The Department of Treasury
- U.S. Cyber Command
- National Security Agency
- Office of Director of National Intelligence
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- California Department of Technology
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Air Force
- Among many others
Distinguished keynoters at the Summit:
- The Honorable Daniel Coats, Director of National Intelligence
- Robert Joyce, Special Assistant to the President and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator
- Gen. Joseph L. Votel, Commander, U.S. Central Command
- Conrad Prince, U.K. Cyber Security Ambassador
- Grady Summers, CTO, FireEye
- Ron Zalkind, CTO and Co-Founder, Cisco CloudLock
- Grant Schneider, Acting Federal CISO, OMB (invited)
Sessions at the Summit will examine:
- The Cybersecurity Threat Landscape—2018 and Beyond
- Top Cybersecurity Priorities for CIOs and CISOs in FY18--Implementing the Executive Order
- Beyond Information Sharing to Prevention: Tackling Spear Phishing, the Insider Threat, Ransomware and IOT
- Next Generation Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation
- Securing the Endpoint
- Deep Dive into the NIST Framework
- Combatant Command CIOs: Cyber Successes, Challenge and Priorities
- ... and Emerging Cyber Technologies
The one-day Summit offers attendees and press a deep dive into the current state of cybersecurity and perspectives on the next challenges and opportunities during this unprecedented time of cyber upheaval.
Sponsor opportunities are available. Please contact Sandy Nuwar at 443-994-9832.
Source: Billington CyberSecurity