ClassicPosters.com Announces Its February 2017 Auction of Rare and Important 1960's Rock 'N' Roll Posters and Handbills
A historic auction of rare and vintage rock 'n' roll posters featuring the Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jefferson Airplane.
Evergreen, Colorado, February 9, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Classic Posters is pleased to announce an amazing auction featuring 433 lots of rare memorabilia from 1960's rock concerts promoted by Bill Graham at the Fillmore Auditorium, Chet Helms' Family Dog at the Avalon Ballroom and Russ Gibb at the Grande Ballroom.
This auction will begin on February 23, 2017 at 1pm MST and run for ten days, closing on March 5, 2017 beginning at 6pm MST.
Over 425 items in all price ranges are featured in this auction, including such famous rarities as:
- Ultra Rare AOR 2.39 Appeals III poster, listing the Grateful Dead as the Warlocks
- An original Family Dog FD-1 poster featuring Jefferson Airplane
- A famous original BG-105 Jimi Hendrix "Flying Eyeball" poster
- The original Rick Griffin artwork for the FD-79 Big Brother & the Holding Company poster
- A rare original FD-26 Grateful Dead skeleton and roses poster
Lots for this auction are available for viewing at Classic Poster Auctions.
In addition to our quarterly auctions, we have the world's largest selection of vintage concert posters and handbills from Bill Graham, the Fillmore Auditorium, Family Dog, the Avalon Ballroom and many other venues. You can view our current inventory offerings at Classic Posters.
Source: Classic Posters, Inc.