FEEA Charity Walk/Run Kicks Off Public Service Recognition Week
Washington, DC, May 3, 2017 (Newswire.com) - The 5th Annual Public Service Charity Walk/Run will be held on Sunday, May 7, 2017, to kick off Public Service Recognition Week. The 5K Walk/Run will be held in Washington, DC’s Anacostia Park at 9 a.m. Virtual walkers and runners are also gathering in cities and communities across the U.S. to show their support for federal public servants. Proceeds will benefit the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA), a national, independent, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to federal and postal public servants and their families.
Registration for the event is open through Friday, May 5, at www.feea.org/5k.
The event is being supported by a number of businesses, unions, associations, and individuals, including the Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Plan as a Platinum Sponsor and Federal News Radio, GEICO, and the Government Employees Benefit Association (GEBA) as Gold Sponsors.
Over the last 30 years, FEEA and its subsidiary, FEEA Childcare Services Inc., have:
- Given 12,000 no-interest, emergency loans to help make ends meet during personal tragedies like illness, death of a loved one, or house fires
- Given almost 200 college scholarships to children of federal employees who died in the line of duty during the terrorist attacks on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, at the Pentagon on 9/11, and at the US Embassies and Consulates in Benghazi, Nairobi, and Dar es Salaam
- Given nearly 10,000 disaster relief grants during for tornadoes, floods, and other natural disasters, including Hurricane Katrina
- Ensured 32,000 low-income federal families received their childcare subsidies so they could have peace of mind and a safe place for their children while they serve the American public
- Provided over 10,000 merit-based scholarships to children of American federal public servants
Press Release Contact:
Joyce Warner, Executive Director, FEEA
Tel: 202-554-0007, ext. 101
Source: Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund