Blockchain Innovators ARK Announce the Release of Their Mobile Wallet, Bringing Crypto Freedom to Millions
LONS-LE-SAUNIER, France, January 26, 2018 (Newswire.com) - ARK is happy to announce another huge achievement, with the release of the much awaited ARK Mobile Wallet. Packed full of exciting and streamlined features, the wallet looks set to bring about the widespread adoption of the ARK ecosystem.
Users can now vote for a delegate, send ARK, or just check their balance straight from the palm of their hand. No sync needed; just open the app and conduct business. ARK’s mobile wallet is a hybrid application (using the same codebase for Android and iOS which helps with coordinated development).
Created using Ionic framework and ARK’s TypeScript API to interact with the ARK network via a user's mobile phone, anytime, anywhere, the ARK wallet is streamlined and will forever change the way ARK is sent. The ARK wallet is still in a Beta version so some quirks and bugs might be encountered while checking it out. Give it a spin and please provide feedback so ARK can improve the wallet in upcoming releases!
- The user can import their existing passphrase (import by QR feature or write/paste your passphrase).
- Generate a new passphrase.
- The user can encrypt access to their profile with a custom 6 digit PIN (AES256+PBKDF2).
- Most transaction types are available: send, receive, vote, unvote, register a delegate.
- Connects to both mainnet and devnet.
- Option for additional profiles (separate profiles for different ARK addresses or networks).
- Option to add contacts and easily transact with them.
- Total balance of the user's combined ARK addresses.
- Wallet backup — the user can input their selected PIN to decrypt their wallet and gain view of their private data.
- Change PIN — if the user wants to change their own encryption/decryption PIN, it can be easily done.
- Clear Data — the user can clear all their data from the phone (note: this will also delete all of your wallets so if you haven’t yet, you should make a backup!).
- Overview of network status with an option to change peer.
- Current market value, along with weekly movements.
- Support for showing data in different FIAT currencies.
Setting up ARK Wallet for Android
Download the ARK App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.ark.wallet.mobile
Or go to Google Play store from your mobile wallet and search for ‘Mobile ARK’ — install. Requires Android 4.1+ to work.
Setting up ARK Wallet for IOS:
- Install Ionic View – Test Ionic Apps
- Open and click the eye at the bottom
- Enter the ID 0894ffa2 and “View App”
This is currently a workaround as we are still waiting on approval from Apple (they are very strict with finance and cryptocurrency apps). When we get final approval for the iOS App store we’ll let the public know via social channels. The QR scanner is also not compatible with ‘Ionic View — Test Ionic Apps’ so it won’t work on iOS.
The Future of the ARK Wallet
In the upcoming months, ARK will polish up the mobile wallet with input from ARK’s community developers and users. They also aim to integrate:
- Ledger Nano S support via On-the-Go (OTG) cable/adapter.
- Dark theme.
- Adding an option to add custom network types (e.g. the user’s own ARK-based chain or for instance Kapu, Blockpool, …) just from 1 IP address — use ARK wallet for any current or future ARK based blockchain project.
- Ability to allow your fingerprint to act as a PIN to unlock your wallet (optional of course).
- Notifications of receiving transactions.
- Adding more localizations (the user will be able to help in this regard to get ARK mobile wallet translated into their local language).
- Allowing the user to save their generated passphrase to .PDF.
Visit the ARK Website: https://ark.io
Read the ARK Blog: https://blog.ark.io
Check out Ionic Apps: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ionic-view-test-ionic-apps/id1271789931?mt=8
Contact Name: Travis Walker
Contact Email: email@example.com
ARK is the source of this content. Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to consumer protections. This press release is for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest.