BabyBlankets.com Launches Mobile-Friendly Baby Gift Personalization Interface
Internet retailer BabyBlankets.com has recently launched a sophisticated baby gift personalization interface, designed to facilitate customized purchases on tablets and smartphones as well as personal computers.
Hoboken, NJ, August 25, 2015 (Newswire.com) - Internet retailer BabyBlankets.com has recently launched a sophisticated baby gift personalization interface, designed to facilitate customized purchases on tablets and smartphones as well as personal computers. This ecommerce business ran for several years in its previous configuration before closing in 2014 for a thorough reevaluation of its value proposition and technical functionality. Earlier this year, under new management, a new and improved BabyBlankets.com re-launched and is now poised to become a leading authority in personalized baby gifts, competing with big box retailers and IR-500 e-tailers such as Pottery Barn and PersonalizationMall.com. Products include premium-quality baby blankets, swaddle blankets, sleep sacks, bath towels, and soft toys.
“With its strategic bricks-and-mortar location in Hoboken, NJ, the re-launched, revitalized BabyBlankets.com is poised to becoming a leading retailer specializing in high-end personalized baby blankets,” said Jody Mullen, Publicist for BabyBlankets.com.
With its strategic bricks-and-mortar location in Hoboken, NJ, the re-launched, revitalized BabyBlankets.com is poised to becoming a leading retailer specializing in high-end personalized baby blankets.
Jody Mullen, Publicist
The re-launched BabyBlankets.com business model now includes:
- Mobile-friendly, responsive website design and personalization interface, designed to appeal to a broader range of shoppers using a variety of handheld mobile devices including cell phones and tablets, as well as personal computers. The user interface layout changes according to the type of device the shopper uses to create optimal browsing and purchasing experiences.
- A bricks-and-mortar retail location in Hoboken, New Jersey, an urban area with a high population of commuters to New York City, new and affluent parents of babies and young children. Major goals of this “soft open” are to gather more information from customers about their shopping needs and desires and to offer more flexibility with product personalization, e.g. changing the position of text and clip art embroidered onto a blanket. Management will also evaluate shoppers’ most requested product brands for customization. The website features products from over 30 top brands of baby blankets, bath products and other gift items such as Angel Dear, Bearington Baby, Elegant Baby, Little Giraffe and SwaddleDesigns. In-store perks include on-site personalization and free DIY gift wrapping.
- Inventory is now warehoused on premises alongside in-house embroidery machinery. Most order fulfillment and personalized embroidery is now completed on premises; previously, much of this work was outsourced to local providers, which ultimately proved unprofitable for the company.
- Customers now enjoy increased flexibility in design and customization: one or two lines of personalized text, with or without clip art, or no embroidery at all. Previously, users could not purchase certain products without personalizing them and had limited personalization options available. These added capabilities allow shoppers to purchase baby blankets that are truly customized according to their desires—and budgets.
- Re-energized affiliate programs, both online and off, to increase traffic and conversions.
- A revitalized baby blog with regular posts on popular parenting topics.
- Website redesigned on Magento platform with custom HTML5-based personalization module developed by SHIFT1 for cross-platform compatibility with most modern web browsers and mobile devices.
To learn more about BabyBlankets.com and the high-quality baby blankets and other gifts it offers, please visit its re-launched web site or drop in for a visit on weekdays from 10am to 7pm, or Sundays 12pm to 4pm at 365 First Street in Hoboken, New Jersey.