ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., March 19, 2022 (Newswire.com) - The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP) Conclave of Fellows honored 11 physicians with the designation of Fellow of the ACOFP and four with the designation of Distinguished Fellow of the ACOFP on Friday, March 18, during the ACOFP 59th Annual Convention & Scientific Seminars.
The designation of Fellow is bestowed upon candidates who have contributed outstanding national and local service through teaching, authorship, research or professional leadership. Additionally, these individuals have demonstrated a commitment to the health and welfare of their patients and to the future of osteopathic family medicine. The 2022 class of the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows includes:
- Jean M. Bouquet, DO, FACOFP
- Nils V. Brolis, DO, FACOFP
- Carol S. Browne, DO, FACOFP
- Lauren Clemmons, DO, FACOFP
- Jennifer S. Johnson, DO, MBA, FACOFP
- Helaine Larsen, DO, FACOFP
- Sameh F. Moawad, DO, MBChB, FACHE, FACOFP
- Christopher A. Paynter, DO, FACOFP
- Kim Pfotenhauer, DO, FACOFP
- Leonard Powell, DO, FACOFP
- Rachel A. Young, DO, FACOFP
As part of the nomination process, Fellow candidates submit an unpublished scientific paper pertinent to family medicine. The most deserving candidates are presented with the ACOFP Outstanding Paper Crest Award and the Most Outstanding Scientific Paper Award. Dr. Bouquet was awarded the 2022 Outstanding Paper Crest Award for his paper, An Innovative Design for the Vaginal Speculum, and Dr. Pfotenhauer was awarded the 2022 Most Outstanding Scientific Paper Award for her paper, Type 1 Diabetes in Adults.
During the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows Ceremony, four physicians were recognized as Distinguished Fellows of the ACOFP for their exceptional service to the organization and the osteopathic family medicine profession. This year's Distinguished Fellow Award recipients include:
- William J. Burke, DO, FACOFP dist.
- David E. Garza, DO, MS.MEdL, FAAFP, FACOFP dist.
- David J. Park, DO, FAAFP, FACOFP dist.
- Geraldine N. Urse, DO, MHPEd, FACOFP dist.
The 2021 and 2020 classes of the ACOFP Conclave of Fellows were also recognized during the ceremony—the first in-person celebration since 2019.
Source: American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians