BRYAN, Texas, June 14, 2021 (Newswire.com) - Parks! America is currently accepting applications for the Park/Zoo Manager position.
Job Description Summary Includes - Oversees entire Park/Zoo operation including safety of visitors and employees, animal care, daily operations, hiring & training of staff, labor scheduling and costs, park maintenance, food & beverage, merchandising, and managing the P&L. These positions are not entry-level management positions and are also not senior-level C-Suite positions. They are hands-on management roles with a successful company. We can teach the business to candidates with good organizational and communication skills. Successful candidates should have basic management, communication, and people skills. Reports to the Vice President. Pay range of $50,000-$60,000 per year. Email resumes to Tammy Vietti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Must have State and/or Federal vehicle valid license to drive a personal or company vehicle as there is frequent travel back and forth between veterinary visits, operating supply runs and contractor meetings.
· Experience in the national & county parks, aquarium, museum, theme park, zoo, animal park, waterpark, attractions, and/or animal husbandry industries are preferred, but not a fixed requirement. Ability to positively lead a team of employees is essential.
· Must be able to lift up to 50+ pounds or more in the normal course of work at any park worksite (i.e. hay & animal feed transport operations, animal transport operations), and general receiving as needed.
· Higher education degree preferred but can be substituted with significant industry experience.
· Must be able to communicate positively in all company interactions, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be able to write and submit for approval operational procedure manuals, checklists and CAPEX bid proposals.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Assist the corporate team in planning and developing the annual business plan with regards to budgets, the animal operations plan, safety, and facility upgrades.
· Delegate functions together with respect to responsibility and authority.
· Maintain regular performance appraisals for direct reports and assist in dotted line reports annual reviews, verbal, written and on‐going review programs.
· Maintain appropriate control of expenses, labor hours, operating costs, and inventory within areas of responsibility.
· Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all company property with respect to HVAC systems, bathrooms, animal enclosures, walkways, vehicles, parking lots, entry portal signage, fencing and building maintenance (inclusive of flooring, roofing, interior and exteriors).
· Lead the company safety program. Comply with, review, and adjust any operational health and safety procedures which risk the company or animals. Comply with all OSHA standards including required and documented employee training, certifications, and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA's), with particular attention to Job Hazard Assessments & safety meetings.
· Write and submit for approval pertinent job descriptions of animal care, park operations, and maintenance f/t staff.
. Assist other company properties in occasional (0-3 times per year) in duties due to vacations/time off.
· Responsible for any other responsibilities as directed by the Vice President and President of the company.
Email resumes to Tammy Vietti - email@example.com.
Source: Aggieland Wild Animal Safari