BELLINGHAM, Washington, April 15, 2016 (Newswire.com) - Loqu8, the pioneer in augmented learning, today announced iCE Learn Chinese Version 8, the most complete Chinese dictionary and translator for users with Microsoft Windows tablets, laptops and desktops.
“As China grows in international prominence, understanding and communicating in Chinese is becoming an invaluable asset,” explained Dr. Timothy Uy, President and CEO of Loqu8. “Loqu8 users in 179 countries are excited about how iCE is helping them understand, learn and communicate in Chinese. With over 163 million Chinese terms explained, an impressive 84% of our users save at least an hour every week.”
As China grows in international prominence, understanding and communicating in Chinese is becoming an invaluable asset.
Dr. Timothy Uy, President and CEO
TRUE IMMERSION HELPS YOU LEARN SMARTER, NOT HARDER
Loqu8 iCE (iNterpret Chinese-English) is very different from traditional instructor-led training and computer-based programs that teach Chinese. Instead of following a fixed curriculum for teaching Chinese, Loqu8 encourages learners to start with the content (webpages, emails, documents) they want to understand and to explore subjects that interest them. For example, a financial analyst might start by browsing Chinese business news and management reports; a student of traditional Chinese medicine might focus her efforts on documents and journal articles related to herbs and pathology.
By skipping the tedious drills and rote memorization found in traditional language studies, iCE learners can focus on just the Chinese topics and words that are important to them. Loqu8 iCE users tend to be more engaged and starts understanding and learning Chinese faster.
EIGHTH GENERATION ENHANCEMENTS FOR LEARNING CHINESE
Impressive new capabilities of Loqu8 iCE Version 8 include:
- Customizable windows show only the helps (Pinyin, Bopomofo, tone numbers, tone colors, definitions) you want. Advanced settings let you select just the details you need as your proficiency in Chinese progresses.
- Learn by listening. Pronunciations now include upgraded premium voices in Mandarin and Cantonese. For novice learners, slow down the pronunciation speed and add pauses between words; increase pronunciation speed to practice comprehension at conversational rates. Need to memorize a passage or give a speech? Audio clips are now saved in a temporary folder. Copy these audio clips (MP3, WAV) to your favorite flashcard app or play them directly on your mobile device for quick review.
- Enhanced support for Microsoft Windows 10 and the latest browsers (Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
- Expanded and updated dictionaries. Thousands of new and revised entries in the Chinese-English dictionary (over 113,000 entries). Professional and Ultimate Edition users may add Cantonese-Slang, German, French, Rutgers and sample dictionaries (including Chinese Business).
- Included translation credits (TC) for Google Translate and Bing Translator. With Multi-language (MLX) Extensions, view machine-based, auto-translations in HighlightScan, ClipboardScan and other windows. Choose from English and up to 89 other languages.
- New Ultimate Edition includes the best of everything. All premium voices (HuiHui, HanHan, HunYee) and premium dictionaries (medical, civil engineering, information technology) are included. With a single license, you'll also have access to a whopping 50,000 translations credits every month.
- Customizable hotkeys. For improved compatibility with other applications, choose the keyboard accelerators that you need for quick immediate access to 18 popular functions.
- Click-to-pronounce. Hear pronunciations again (and again) with just one click.
LOQU8 ICE LEARN CHINESE EDITIONS
There’s never been a better time to add Chinese literacy to your personal skills portfolio.
- Loqu8 iCE 8 Standard Edition presents an exciting environment for users to learn interactively (Level 1-2) within Microsoft® Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe® PDF documents, Skype and more. Hear high-quality pronunciations with a Premium Mandarin Chinese voice. Search the top Chinese sites with a mouse click--no need to type Chinese. Loqu8 iCE 8 Standard with 10,000 translation credits for Auto-Translations using Google and Bing services is available for $8, billed monthly. Perpetual licenses are available for $199.
- Loqu8 iCE 8 Professional (Level 1-3) is a step up with user-customizable dictionaries. Sample starter dictionaries include accounting, business, Bible, clothing, dentistry, energy, food, restaurant and idioms. Word tracking keeps a log of the words you’ve seen recently. Click on History tab to review words; focus your attention on the most popular words to make your study time more efficient. Monthly licenses with 20,000 translation credits are just $10 or $299 for perpetual.
- Loqu8 iCE 8 Ultimate (Level 1-5) accelerates understanding and learning for business professionals, serious students and translators. At $20 USD per month (or $399 perpetual license), the Ultimate Edition includes three Premium Dictionaries (medical-scientific, civil engineering, information technology), a generous 50,000 translation credits/month and a total of 3 Premium Chinese voices (including Cantonese).
Download a full-function copy of Loqu8 iCE 8 from www.loqu8.com/download.htm and experience the true augmented learning. After 14 days, request a free subscription or start a monthly subscription.
In today’s unpredictable and fast-pace world, Loqu8 empowers users with everything they need to work efficiently and make timely decisions. Just point and Loqu8 instantly displays the information you need. Loqu8's augmented intelligence model is the result of years of research at Stanford University in cognitive science and information processing. Loqu8 is a privately-held corporation with headquarters in Silicon Valley. For more information, visit www.loqu8.com.
Loqu8, iCE, AutoPronounce, ClipboardScan, HighlightScan, iNtuition, LiveScan, Multi-language Extensions (MLX) and RubyDefs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Loqu8, Inc. Products or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Source: Loqu8, Inc.