Friends of Yemin Orde Receives $172,000 Challenge Grant to Help Transform the Lives of Israel's Fragile Immigrant Youth

Friends of Yemin Orde has announced it has received a two-year $172,000 challenge grant from a private foundation that wishes to remain anonymous. Funds from this grant will directly impact hundreds of Israel's emotionally-fragile immigrant youth.

Friends of Yemin Orde announced it has received a two-year $172,000 challenge grant from a private foundation that wishes to remain anonymous. The grant will match dollar for dollar, up to a maximum of $21,500 per donor, per year, all new and increased gifts to Friends of Yemin Orde. Matching challenge grants such as this typically encourage support from donors as the value added to each gift doubles, thereby, increasing its significance and impact.

Funds raised by this new challenge grant will support the high quality programs and services for Israel's neglected and impoverished children at Yemin Orde Youth Village, as well as help expand the acclaimed Village Way methodology to hundreds more children through Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives. Friends of Yemin Orde is the U.S. fundraising arm of Yemin Orde Youth Village and Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives in Israel.

"We are very grateful to our anonymous donor for investing in Yemin Orde Youth Village and Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives in a way that encourages others to deepen their support for Israel's at-risk youth," said Charles Gwirtsman, Chair, Friends of Yemin Orde. "To the thousands of Israel's vulnerable and immigrant youth, this challenge grant offers a unique opportunity to help them build a healthy and wholesome life as productive citizens of Israel. This is especially important today as Israel's youth are its next generation of leaders."

Yemin Orde Youth Village is home to more than 400 at-risk and immigrant youth from around the world. The children at the Village have all suffered trauma of some kind: from abandonment and isolation to extreme poverty and neglect. They arrive at Yemin Orde with little hope for a productive future.

Through the Village's unique and highly-effective methodology, called the Village Way, these youth live in a safe and loving home, have a strong educational environment and are surrounded by positive role models. At Yemin Orde, the children's lives are transformed and they graduate healthy, capable and full of promise.

The Government of Israel provides funding for 70 percent of the operating expenses at Yemin Orde Youth Village. Philanthropy provides the remaining 30 percent of funding to give children the crucial missing pieces they need to become self-confident contributing members of Israeli society. Additional caregivers, extracurricular activities and ongoing support for graduates are examples of how funds are allocated.

Through Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives and its top-rated Village Way educational framework, hundreds more challenged and vulnerable Israeli children also receive the help they need to succeed. The Educational Initiatives empowers educators with a defined curriculum for at-risk youth and provides teacher training, workshops and financial support for implementing impactful programs in other educational and therapeutic settings throughout Israel.

There are currently 20 educational settings in Israel that partner with the Educational Initiatives. Since 2006, YOEI has reached more than 3,500 children and 900 educators.

Funding for Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives is provided through private philanthropy. The Marcus Foundation of Atlanta is the primary partner of the Educational Initiatives and provides a 2:1 match for funds raised in support of expanding the program's reach to public high schools, youth villages and residential therapeutic communities in Israel.

"This new challenge grant is a triple win because gifts designated to Yemin Orde Educational Initiatives will be matched 2:1 by the Marcus Foundation, and at least $50,000 each year will be matched 1:1 by our anonymous foundation," said Karen Sallerson said, Executive Director, Friends of Yemin Orde.


Categories: Religion

Tags: at-risk, children at-risk, Education, education programs, Immigrants, israel, israeli, Israeli immigrants, Jewish, refugees, yemin orde, youth


About Friends of Yemin Orde

View Website

barbara
Friends of Yemin Orde

202-237-0286
Friends of Yemin Orde
4340 East-West Highway
Suite 202
20814
United States