Captain Steve From VIP Fishing Charters Offers Advice When Experiencing Seasickness
Whether the boat trip is for spending the day out on the water to enjoy the sun, or for a fishing charter in the ocean, the boating experience for many will be ruined by unexpected seasickness.
September 21, 2012 (Newswire.com) - A common issue that people have when getting on a boat involves being seasick. Whether the boat trip is for spending the day out on the water to enjoy the sun, or for a fishing charter in the ocean, the boating experience for many will be ruined by unexpected seasickness.
As the captain of a fishing charter, Captain Steve has encountered countless people with this problem. With many years of experience under his belt, the Captain has compiled a list of useful tips that will help anybody avoid getting seasick.
1. Hydrate before the trip. "Drink a lot of fluids as if you were preparing for any type of sporting event. This will keep you from getting dehydrated on the fishing trip."
2. Avoid a Hangover. "Don't come on the fishing charter hung over from a late night of drinking. This is one of the main reasons people get sick on boats. We understand a lot of people are on vacation but please keep drinking down to a minimum before the trip."
3. Charter A Good Quality Boat. "Some poorly maintained boats put of a significant amount of exhaust and that can make anybody nauseous."
4. Visit The Pharmacy. "If you know you are prone to seasickness, you can always buy Dramamine over the counter at pretty much any pharmacy. Dramamine works remarkably well for our clients."
5. Ginger Is A Good Idea. "My last tip to help prevent seasickness is to buy some ginger candy or ginger ale. Ginger is known to help soothe the stomach and actually helps a lot on boats."
"Each person has a different tolerance to getting seasick on a boat. There are people who get sick on the calmest of days and then there are people who can handle 10 foot swells. Seasickness is basically a type of motion sickness. Chances are, if you experience other types of motion sickness, you have increased odds of getting seasick."
VIP Fishing Charters has identified the best fishing charters in Florida and other parts of the States through customer reviews, boat inspections, captain interviews, and first hand fishing experiences. They will match people that want to fish with a charter that is a perfect fit for their individual needs and budget. With local knowledge, boat direct pricing, and legendary customer service, they will help plan dream fishing trips.
With many years of experience, the captains at VIP Fishing Charters have great advice not only to offer passengers on their fishing charters, but to anybody who is going on a boat for recreation.
Visit their website for more information and tips, or for those interested in setting up a charter, they can call the company toll free at (888) 336-6218.
The captains at VIP Fishing Charters are boating and fishing enthusiasts who make it their mission to help plan the best fishing trips. They know the market well and can often provide discounts on fishing trips. When booking through VIP Fishing Charters, customers will get the best price available, guaranteed.
Categories: Hunting and Fishing