Recent Event the Only National Conference in 2014 Dedicated Exclusively to Coupons; Keynote Delivered by MorningNewsBeat "Content Guy" Kevin Coupe
The Association of Coupon Professionals (ACP) recently presented its annual Industry Coupon Conference, "The Magical World of Coupons, Imagine: Innovation, Insight, Interaction". The event marked for ACP robust industry participation, including many first-time attendees, as well as an interactive, live Twitter feed.
The Annual Industry Coupon Conference brings together national and international representatives from retailers, manufacturers, coupon processors and solution providers that support manufacturers or retailers. As the only national conference dedicated exclusively to coupons in 2014, it highlighted throughout its programs the current industry landscape and future trends as well as changing consumer shopping habits and the impact of social networks.
"This year featured longtime industry leaders and many new faces in the coupon world, all discussing the relevant opportunities and challenges," said ACP Executive Director John Morgan. "The energy and expertise was remarkable and clearly demonstrated the strength and viability of coupons."
The conference was developed under the leadership of the Association of Coupon Professionals in collaboration with the Food Marketing Institute, the Grocery Manufacturers of America, GS1 US, Coupon Information Center and the Brand Activation Association.
As the keynote presenter, MorningNewsBeat founder Kevin Coupe utilized compelling and real-life examples rooted in consumer behavior, technological change and cultural legacies to create a presentation that got attendees thinking strategically rather than tactically and to embrace rather than reject change, in his presentation entitled "The Future is Here, Now What?"
As is conference tradition, a spotlight award was presented. Jane Michels from Coupons Inc. was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Conference Planning Task Force was led by co-chairs Stanley Wadford, Winn Dixie and Earl Ellsworth, Universal Marketing.
Sponsors included: Platinum: YOU Technology; Gold: CATALINA, RevTrax; Silver: Coupons for Education, Coupons Inc., Inmar, Pinpoint Data, Document Security Systems, WS Packaging Group; Bronze: Universal Marketing, Zavers by Google; Events: Mandlik and Rhodes, Brand Technologies.
The ever-changing coupon industry is evolving with new technologies, and shifting consumer behavior in an unpredictable economy. There was much to see, hear, and learn at the Industry Coupon Conference. Highlights included:
• "Understanding the Male Shopper: How They Plan, Shop, Buy and Share." Therese Mulvey, Vice President, Marketing Intelligence, Valassis shared insights on male shoppers, their growth, attributes and what influences them.
• David Diamond, President, David Diamond Associates, an industry consultant with extensive experience in retail, packaged goods and coupons discussed "Emerging Technologies" and its impact on targeting, personalization and the ability to analyze and react to consumer response that is changing coupon promotions… and how it can be executed with traditional paper, internet printables and digital vehicles.
• Mark Heckman, a consultant with expertise in digital technology and content, customer loyalty programs and retail marketing, was back again to moderate a Digital Coupon Panel with digital coupon leaders that explored the successes, opportunities and challenges of this emerging coupon vehicle.
• Health and wellness initiatives utilizing healthcare providers distributing targeted coupons are emerging. In a case study format participants learned how to pair content and incentives to encourage healthier choices that result in impressive new user acquisition and repeat purchases while traversing the rules and regulations unique to this new distribution vehicle.
• Back again was the afternoon of track sessions where attendees chose from presentations tailored to their specific interests including: Digital Coupons, Redemption trends, Counterfeit Coupons, and Coupon Guidelines updates.
The 2015 Industry Coupon Conference is scheduled for April 14-16, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas.
About the Association of Coupon Professionals
The Association of Coupon Professionals is an industry trade organization whose over 60 manufacturer, retailer and solution provider members, create a forum that fosters expertise, education, and leadership to enrich the development, distribution, and redemption of coupons, ensuring they remain a viable sales and marketing tool.
For more information about the conference, contact John Morgan, ACP Executive Director, at 610-789-1478, John.Morgan@acp-hq.org, or visit www.couponpros.org