Author and gymnastics coach, Danielle Soucy Mills is as determined to publish Tina Tumbles as Tina is to master her gymnastics skills in this delightful story illustrated by Kimberly Soderberg. Available now on Kickstarter until February 10th!
January 24, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Tina Tumbles is children's picture book about a spunky, fun-loving girl named Tina who discovers the excitement of gymnastics while watching gymnasts flip across the television screen. Once Tina starts flipping, there is no turning back. She eats, sleeps, and breathes gymnastics, determined to master her skills. But sometimes things are not as easy as they look. Tina tries and she tries, but she just cannot land on her feet!
Ultimately, this story is about building self-esteem, motivation, focus, and perseverance—all of the qualities which help kids succeed in reaching their goals, whatever they may be. It is about working so hard and refusing to quit, no matter how impossible things may seem.
Many kids and adults can relate to this story because Tina begins gymnastics the very same way most gymnasts do—on the furniture in their home until Mom and Dad realize the gym is a much better and safer place to flip than on the couch or swing set!
Tina Tumbles also comes with a fun picture glossary of basic gymnastics shapes designed by the illustrator—fun for kids who are not yet involved with the sport but want to be, and of course, for those already taking lessons!
Author Danielle Soucy Mills created Tina while she was a graduate student at Chapman University, drawing inspiration from her childhood as a gymnast and the kids she encountered every day as a gymnastics coach. Her dream of being a published author was close to coming true as Tina Tumbles was picked up by a publisher and Tina came to life on the page by children's book illustrator Kimberly Soderberg. But like Tina's first attempt at a cartwheel, the project came to a crash landing.
However, Danielle and Kimberly - also like Tina - refused to give up.
Now the duo has started a Kickstarter campaign in order to bring Tina into the lives of aspiring gymnasts everywhere!
From the Tina Tumbles Kickstarter page:
"How we plan to use our Kickstarter Funds:
• Printing 2,000 copies of Tina Tumbles
• ISBNs and copyright
• Literary Attorney fees for Author/Illustrator contract
• Marketing the book to reach as many people as possible
• Special Rewards created just for Kickstarter such as signed 1st edition copies of the book, signed posters, coloring pages, original sketches of Tina, and author visits
• Shipping rewards safe and sound to your doorstep
• Kickstarter and Amazon fees
• Donating books to a very worthy cause: Rolling Readers USA, a San Diego based organization dedicated to inspiring children's love for literacy. Please note, you have the option to donate any of your books to the organization at each reward level, just let us know!"
To help fund this project, please go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinatumbles/tina-tumbles
This project will only be funded if at least $8,000 is pledged by Monday Feb 10.
To learn more about Tina Tumbles please visit: