Podcast Interview With Todd Henry, Author of Louder Than Words
Brian Sooy's guest for this episode of the Raise Your Voice podcast is author Todd Henry. Todd teaches leaders and organizations how to establish practices that lead to everyday brilliance. He is the author of three books, "The Accidental Creative," "Die Empty," and his new book, "Louder Than Words."
Sheffield Village, OH, September 9, 2015 (Newswire.com) - If you’re a listener to the Raise Your Voice podcast or reader of the Aespire blog, you’ll understand why the idea of developing an authentic voice is key to raising your voice in a noisy world.
- “Cover bands don’t change the world.” At some point you need to make an intuitive leap from emulating other people to have the courage to develop your own voice. Courageous people weave their influences into something new.
- “Courage means doing the right things even when it’s the uncomfortable thing.” You may not be courageous, but if you want to develop your own voice, you need to be willing to choose courage over comfort.
- "Cultivate your vision, cultivate your sense of identity." When the opportunity presents itself, you’ll be prepared to make an intuitive leap.
- “Manifestos are active.” It’s impossible to read a manifesto without thinking “I’m in or I’m out.” Rather than a mission or vision statement, a manifesto is active. It forces you to say yes or no. It says the time is now.
- "Your intended audience will change over time.” Create your work for one specific person. It allows you to cultivate empathy as you create.
The interview accompanies the Aespire book giveaway of signed copies of "Louder Than Words" and "Raise Your Voice: A Cause Manifesto."
Aespire® is a leading creative agency that empowers passionate leaders and change makers to align purpose, strategy, and design for the greater good. We work with mission-driven organizations to design communications that influence, inspire, and engage the communities they serve.