Top 10 Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home From Eva-Dry
Tampa, Florida, March 21, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Are you someone who looks forward to spring cleaning or do you secretly (or not so secretly) dread it? Well which ever category you fall into, Eva-Dry wants to help make it a less painful experience.
Spring cleaning is different than just your normal day-to-day or even weekly cleaning. The goal is to really refresh the home, while purging clutter, cleaning those “hard to reach” or often overlooked areas of the home and bringing a sense of organization back into your life. So, take a deep breath in and exhale... it is time to get started! Before diving into spring cleaning, here are Eva-Dry’s top spring cleaning tips for your home.
- Create a Checklist – This is a must! A cleaning checklist will keep you on track, while also helping to boost your mood when crossing items off it.
- Divide and Conquer – This spring cleaning season it is time to get the entire family involved. While accomplishing more tasks at a quicker pace, it is also a great way to instill responsibility into children.
- Make it Fun – Cleaning and fun usually do not go hand-in-hand, but this year try a little something different. An easy way to do this would be to blast some upbeat music throughout the house. Also, incentivizing oneself with a reward like watching a movie, a special edible treat, etc. goes a long way to upping the fun meter when it comes to cleaning.
- Open the Windows – While cleaning, let in some fresh air to help remove any musty odors and give you an extra energy boost.
- Declutter – Ever heard of the saying, “less is more?” Well, this is true especially in the home. While many try to live a minimalist lifestyle, spring time is a great opportunity to stop and purge any clutter that may have sneaked its way into your humble abode. Go room by room and decide what to trash, sell, donate, or keep.
- Organization – An organized room is a happy room and will lead to a happier you. Closets, drawers, and bins are a great place to start organizing and bring order back to the space.
- Clean Green – Don’t bombard your home with the odors of harsh chemical cleaners. Ditch the chemical cleaning products and choose a safer, more natural option. There are plenty of green products at your local supermarket or you can easily make your own with vinegar and water.
- Refrigerator – This appliance needs its very own bullet point! It probably has been a while since you have cleaned out the fridge, hasn’t it? A dirty fridge is not only yucky but can actually be dangerous. Go through all of the items and toss anything that has expired and then clean all the shelves and drawers!
- Vents – You should clean or replace your air vent covers monthly, but for many this does not happen. What better time than during spring cleaning to make sure this gets done!
- Banish Dust – For ceiling-to-floor cleaning use a vacuum and a soft dampened cloth to clean up all of the visible dust that has settled around the house. Aside from the floors and furniture, don’t forget to dust the ceiling fans, blinds, and baseboards. Additionally, it is important to check the humidity levels throughout the home. Why? Increased humidity levels can create an environment where dust, mold, fungus, and bacteria can grow. You can remedy this simply by placing an Eva-Dry dehumidifier in the rooms with increased humidity to safely, silently and effectively remove moisture from the air.
"You can count on Eva-Dry to make sure your home is protected from moisture in spring, summer, fall and winter.” said Matt Henson, Vice President of Business Development for Eva-Dry. “Eva-Dry is your year-round solution to control humidity levels in and around your home.”
It is time to take control back of your home and give it a good cleaning! Eva-Dry has been perfecting their eco-friendly dehumidification technology and offers an incredible line of products to fit your every need at home, in your RV, boat, gun safe or office. Keep your home and valuables dry and free of mold and mildew, viruses and bacteria, without the use of chemicals. Enjoy the spring season while controlling excess humidity year-round.
About Eva Dry Dehumidifiers
Since 2003, Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers have earned their reputation as the safest, healthiest and most efficient method to reduce ambient moisture by providing a higher absorption rate than alternate disposable dehumidifying products. The compact, renewable Eva-Dry units reduce humidity to fight mold, moisture and mildew in homes, boats, RVs, safes, and other valuable item storage. Visit http://www.eva-dry.com, or call (877) 382-3790 for more information.