Medicaid Innovation Collaborative Announces Companies Selected for 2023 Social Determinants of Health Showcase and Launch of Tech-Enabled Solutions Pilot Program
Pilot Program supported by a grant from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
SAN FRANCISCO, June 22, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The Medicaid Innovation Collaborative (MIC), a program of Acumen America, aims to advance innovations that address health inequities in Medicaid. Through cross-state collaboration, in-depth understanding of the issues facing Medicaid enrollees, and technical assistance, state Medicaid programs and managed care organizations (MCOs) collaborate to advance health equity by deploying tech-enabled innovations.
In a competitive Request for Information, MIC highlighted companies with high-impact solutions to address the social determinants of health (SDOH) for people on Medicaid. A committee representing state Medicaid agencies, MCOs, providers, community representatives, and experts selected finalists from a pool of 100+ applicants. With the opportunity to be considered for contracting, finalists presented to MCOs and state Medicaid departments in a showcase.
Tech-Enabled SDOH Solutions Pilot Program launch
In July 2023, MIC will open applications for a Tech-Enabled SDOH Solutions Pilot Program, which is supported by a $500,000 grant to Acumen America from the Helmsley Charitable Trust. Funding will provide the opportunity for MCOs and state Medicaid departments from New York, Kentucky, and Iowa to pilot and evaluate selected solutions from the 2023 SDOH Showcase.
Given the high prevalence of Medicaid beneficiaries living with a chronic condition, the Pilot Program will focus on solutions for Medicaid recipients and would include people living with insulin-requiring diabetes (IRD) as a test case to build evidence to support their adoption more broadly across states.
SDOH Innovation Showcase Finalists
- Live Chair Health delivers a tech-enabled, community-based program to connect patients to healthcare services.
- Pair Team partners with providers to provide comprehensive clinical, mental health and social care.
- Samaritan supplies tools and technology to difficult-to-reach populations to provide the incentives and social support necessary to reach their housing and health goals.
- Waymark delivers tech-enabled, community-based care using data science and machine learning models to match patients to the right clinical and community interventions.
- Welfie enlists community health workers in K-12 schools to provide health education, care coordination, and address SDOH issues for children and families.
- FarmboxRx delivers food and nutrition programs that improve member engagement and health outcomes.
- Free From Market delivers personalized food selection, tele-nutrition, and data to help patients manage chronic health conditions.
- NourishedRX delivers personalized food solutions for health plans' and providers' most vulnerable members.
SDOH-related Data Tools and Infrastructure
- Benefits Data Trust streamlines public benefits access and directly connects eligible families and individuals to assistance.
- Care Advisors enables the infrastructure and data to help patients enroll in benefits and access social service.
- Ready Computing delivers data insight and solutions from their data to improve patient outcomes and the quality of service delivery.
- Unite Us bridges communication, service gaps, and data silos using electronic referral care coordination, client management, and outcomes tracking for social care delivery.
- Kaizen Health provides a nationwide infrastructure of transportation and delivery partners to serve individuals in urban and rural areas.
About Medicaid Innovation Collaborative: Medicaid Innovation Collaborative (MIC), a program of Acumen America, is an innovation program to advance health equity in Medicaid. In addition to Helmsley, MIC is supported by generous partners like Schmidt Futures and MolinaCares Accord.
Source: Medicaid Innovation Collaborative