Seattle, WA, February 25, 2015 (Newswire.com) - Divorce Cases Jump 50% in Q1
15 Years of Online Divorce Data Shows a Clear Trend
"The US divorce rate fluctuates, but the time of year when people take action is consistent and that time is now."
Robert Butterworth, CEO
The season of divorce is upon us according to the company that originated online divorce, CompleteCase.com.
CEO Robert Butterworth has been tracking the seasonality of divorce for 15 years and a clear pattern has emerged based on the high volume of uncontested divorces CompleteCase.com helps its clients file.
"The US divorce rate fluctuates, but the time of year when people take action is consistent and that time is now. It's clear to us that what couples discuss over the holidays, they act upon in Q1." Data accumulated by the company from years of online divorce filings shows that case volume jumps 30% in January, and another 20% in February, for a total of 50% more cases this month than in December.
"We hear from a lot of people in November and December who are investigating their options, figuring out what it will cost them to fight it out and pay high legal fees, or work it out and file an uncontested online divorce. Our data shows that, starting on December 26th, and rising through March, couples who choose to save money and spare their dignity in the process of divorcing take action in droves."
According to CompleteCase.com tracking data, Monday is the most popular day for starting the online divorce process and 48% of couples doing so have children. "Once people fill out the CompleteCase.com online guided-questionnaire, they have their documents back in one or two business days, ready to sign and file at their local court. We are all about taking the cost and pain out of a difficult process," said Butterworth. More on online divorce:http://www.completecase.com/
Founded in 2000, CompleteCase.com is the most trusted and experienced online divorce form preparation service. We have helped over 1,000,000 users preserve their dignity and save money as they navigate the divorce process. Our mission is to make the experience of divorce less painful, costly, and disruptive to couples and their families by delivering the services and tools they need to reach and maintain fair and sustainable agreements. Completecase.com delivers a full suite of divorce resources and services to consumers in all 50 States and 12 Canadian Provinces and Territories.
CONTACT: Brad Holmes, 701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4200, Seattle, WA, USA, Phone: 617 904 9526, email: email@example.com