Digital Signage Reinforces Campus Communication at Brandeis University
The digital signage network of 16 screens is powered by Mvix and elevates the on-campus experience by displaying important announcements, upcoming events, and campus news.
STERLING, Va., January 21, 2020 (Newswire.com) - Mvix, a leading provider of turnkey digital signage with free content-rich software, has implemented a digital signage network of 16 screens at Brandeis University.
Powered by Mvix, the screens display student announcements, helpful tips and event listings. The goal of the implementation is to increase participation in school events and improve overall student engagement.
Founded in 1948, Brandeis University is a private research university located in Waltham, Massachusetts. The 235-acre campus is nestled just nine miles west of Boston and is home to over 5,800 students and 1,700 staff members.
Static posters and email were not enough to promote events and communicate important information. Brandeis needed a dynamic solution to supplement communications and engage students and staff.
They needed a solution that would:
- improve the overall campus experience
- promote upcoming events and student opportunities effectively
- streamline all internal communications
- modernize their campus
The Brandeis team implemented a network of 16 digital signage screens, all powered by the Mvix digital signage software. The solution allowed Brandeis to display targeted content for students and staff.
The digital signage displays were strategically placed in lobbies, hallways, and dorms to get maximum visibility.
The Mvix platform provided:
- dynamic content - Mvix software has over 150 content apps, giving Brandeis a variety of content to choose from
- remote access - the Brandeis screens can be updated on the go to display the most up-to-date information
- multi-user access - Brandeis was able to add multiple users with varying permissions for easy collaboration on content management
- advanced content scheduling - the communications team is able to schedule event listings, announcements, and campus news ahead of time, customizing their screens to show different content for different audiences
This digital signage implementation helped Brandeis improve its campus communication while modernizing its facilities.
"I have really enjoyed establishing a digital signage network here at the University and we look forward to continuing to expand," said Timothy Touchette, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at Brandeis University.
The Brandeis team has noted:
- increased participation in university-sponsored events
- improved engagement from students where they can create unique content for the screens
- they are a more sustainable campus by reducing printing costs associated with static posters
- modernization of the campus to help increase new student enrollment
"It's always a wonderful experience to partner with a university that fully understands the value of digital signage for their student body. Tim and his team have done an outstanding job expanding digital signage to multiple departments and across the campus to increase student engagement and provide up to date information for the campus," said Jacqueline Hoffmann, Solutions Consultant at Mvix.
To read the detailed case study, download a free copy here.
Mvix is a leading provider of turnkey digital signage solutions with free content-rich software and solutions. To date, their platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel, Crowne Plaza and the University of Washington.
Learn more about Mvix at www.mvixdigitalsignage.com or call 703.382.1739.
Source: Mvix Digital Signage
Categories: Colleges and Universities