AMAX Cloud, OCP, Storage, Deep Learning and Appliance Platforms Upgraded With Powerful Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 V4 Product Family
Latest Generation Intel Xeon Processors Feature Up to 22 Cores with DDR4 Support and Groundbreaking Efficiency in Performance, Power, Floating Point Operation, and Built-In Features Geared Towards Software-Defined Solutions
FREMONT,CA, March 31, 2016 (Newswire.com) - AMAX, a leading provider of Cloud/IaaS, GPU, HPC and Server Appliance platforms, has announced its diverse product lines, including the award-winning CloudMax™ Converged Cloud solution, are available integrated with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 family.
As a Platinum level partner of the Intel® Technology Provider Program, AMAX delivers enhanced, energy-efficient performance for data-intensive business applications based on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5, E5-2600 v3/v4 series, and Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v3 series, as well as parallel computing platforms based on the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor. Key AMAX server platforms that will be available with the new Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors include:
· CloudMax™ Cloud Server—a 2U Dual-CPU High-Efficiency server featuring 12x 3.5” drives for greater cost efficiency for cloud storage, while offering the ultimate in availability with up to 4x internal SSDs that can be used for OS or cache without sacrificing storage space.
· Open Compute (OCP) Winterfell Node—3 nodes per 2OU sled for a whopping 132 cores of compute power and 145W TDP.
· StorMax™ I/O Optimized Storage Servers—a 1U 4x 3.5” or 8x 2.5” I/O optimized storage server with increased capacity and flexibility for large to hyperscale data center deployments.
· AMAX Deep Learning Solutions—featuring 8 NVIDIA® Tesla® M40 or Tesla® K80 GPUs per 3U chassis, AMAX Deep Learning solutions come with Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 series processor, and 24 DDR4 DIMM slots up to 2400/2133 MHz. These platforms are trusted by today’s leading researchers and developers as the key to Machine Learning breakthroughs and are widely deployed for deep learning throughout the world.
· AMAX Hyperconverged Cluster-in-a-Box Servers — With twin and quad-node options packed into a compact 2U form factor, these high-density servers offer a cluster’s worth of compute, storage and networking capabilities. Our cluster-in-a-box is an ideal solution for cloud computing, HPC, data center and mission-critical business applications.
“We consider the Intel v4 processor release an exciting development for companies in the dual-socket market space,” said Dr. Rene Meyer, Director of Product Development, AMAX. “By simply updating the BIOS on existing v3 systems, the transition to Intel v4 CPUs provides a >10% system performance increase based on raw processor power and memory bus speed enhancements moving from 2133MHz to 2400MHz, for roughly the same price.”
AMAX’s server platforms are available integrated with Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors. For more information on AMAX platforms, please visit www.amax.com
AMAX is a global leader in application-tailored Data Center, HPC and OEM Solutions. Recognized for several industry awards, including the Best of VMWorld and Intel Server Innovation Award for the CloudMax Converged Cloud Infrastructure, AMAX aims to provide cutting edge solutions to improve efficiency and cut costs for the modern data center. Founded in 1979 and headquartered in Silicon Valley (with additional locations in China and Ireland) AMAX is a full-service technology solutions provider specializing in innovative server-to-rack level solutions developed for Data Center, HPC, Cloud and Big Data applications.
From white box server-to-rack integration, High-Performance Deep Learning Platforms or converged infrastructure solutions featuring OpenStack, Open Compute and SDN, to a comprehensive menu of professional services, AMAX is the full-service partner you need to help modernize your IT operations. To learn more, Contact AMAX to request a quote.