1-800 Notify Helps Epic Customers Achieve Significant Benefits With a Hybrid IVR Phone Payment System Available in the Epic App Orchard
All Epic customers, including those with pediatric patients, can now receive self-service patient payments 24/7 and save call center staff time with 1-800 Notify's Hybrid IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
MIAMI, June 2, 2020 (Newswire.com) - 1-800 Notify has developed an innovative Hybrid IVR Autopay by Phone system that is now available in the Epic App Orchard (See: https://apporchard.epic.com/Gallery?id=2956). The IVR Autopay by Phone system allows patients to securely review and pay their patient balances 24/7 using a credit card or e-check -- all without taking up valuable staff time. Building on implementations of Epic’s Web Services across a wide variety of customers, 1-800 Notify has devised innovative methods to help customers overcome some limitations of the Epic Web Services. The Hybrid IVR allows every Epic customer, including those with pediatric patient populations, to successfully support 100% of their patients with the self-service IVR.
Key features of 1-800 Notify’s Hybrid IVR Autopay by Phone:
- Industry-leading patient payment rates with call flow honed over many implementations
- Highly flexible and is tailored to each client’s unique needs
- Offers ways to ease identification such as “enter last four of your account” and choices for authentication
- Fully integrated with Epic Web Services for real-time payment posting and balance reading
- Supports credit card, e-check and secure tokenized storing of payment methods (“Card on File”)
- PCI compliant and HIPAA compliant service
- Bilingual support with English and Spanish
- Hybrid approach which combines web services with a special data feed to allow support of all patients
- Beyond payment, the IVR can offer reading of payment plan details, recent patient payments, statement and total balances, requesting detailed hospital bills and more.
The primary goal of a successful IVR system is to allow patient self-service payments while minimizing the need to talk with a representative. 1-800 Notify has learned that using Epic Web Services alone has certain limitations when working with account balances generated by pediatric patients (called “Pediatric Accounts”). In some healthcare systems, this can be 25% or more of all guarantors and can only be supported by 1-800 Notify’s Hybrid IVR solution.
“Before 1-800 Notify implemented our Hybrid IVR, we regularly saw almost 25% of callers fail to authenticate due to the ‘pediatric account’ issue, frustrating our patients and taking up valuable staff time. Now, with the 1-800 Notify Hybrid IVR, we are seeing all those problems go away and our overall payment rate is 40% higher than before,” says Joseph Zheng, Assistant Director, Patient Financial Services at UCSF Health, San Francisco, CA. Mr. Zheng continues: “From a cost/benefit standpoint, the IVR is now handling about 1.5 FTEs worth of calls at a fraction the cost of having a person take those same calls.”
About 1-800 Notify
1-800 Notify is a healthcare communications firm that is fully HIPAA and PCI compliant, an Epic App Orchard Partner and integrates with many systems. 1-800 Notify improves patient appointment attendance, wellness and payments while improving efficiency for hospitals, health systems, physician groups, and medical billing firms. Founded in 2011, 1-800 Notify has rapidly grown to support more than a million monthly inbound IVR autopay by phone calls, two-way appointment reminders, patient wellness and broadcast messages. 1-800 Notify is proud of its 98% client retention rate. We focus on learning each client’s unique needs, tailoring solutions to those needs and providing a highly reliable and scalable service -- all at a price that is difficult for our competition to match.
Learn more at: www.1800notify.com
Phone: (386) 334-6434
Source: 1-800 Notify
Categories: Healthcare Technology