EcoSunTec New Ceramic Infrared Heater for 2012
EcoSunTec, LLC announces a new ceramic infrared portable space heater for 2012 that features a deodorizer, remote control and UV air purification for year round use: the IAP-1000 2-in-1 Ceramic Infrared Heater.
January 9, 2012 (Newswire.com) - EcoSunTec has announced a new ceramic infrared heater for 2012, the IAP-1000, this 2-in-1 portable space heater features year round air purification with a handheld remote control, timer and thermostat. In the winter, the unit serves as a space heater with UV air purification with deodorizing properties that even kills germs. A red glow will be displayed as the heated air flows through the heater and a cool blue glow will show in the grill when used in the warmer months as an air purifier and deodorizer.
Infrared heaters have become popular due to their safety, robust features, even heat and possible energy savings when combined with recommended stategies.
The IAP 1000 features and specifications:
• Heats multiple rooms up to 1000 square feet with even heat from wall to wall and from floor to ceiling reducing cold spots better than coil resistance heaters.
• 3-year warranty - operational components giving you peace of mind in your investment.
• Full function remote control and touch control panel on the unit so you can change the settings from across the room (before you get out of bed).
• Will not start a fire because the ceramic heating element never reaches combustible temperatures.
• Wheels provide easy movement from room to room so that anyone can easily move the heater for best results.
• Will not harm children or pets. In fact many cats find a cozy spot sleeping on top of the units.
• Lifetime washable air filter. You may also vacuum it for quick easy maintenance.
• Automatic shut off if tipped over providing you peace of mind.
• Galvanized steel inside providing a solid frame for years of enjoyment.
• Does not produce poisonous carbon monoxide giving you safe dependable heat for your family and pets.
• ABS copolymer cabinet which is often used in products expected to experience high impact forces, therefore the heaters are durable.
• Air purification: Photo Catalyst Oxidation Technology (PCO) which kills germs and viruses. It even reduces odors year round.
• Height: 16¾" Width: 13" Length: 15½". It's compact so you can find an appropriate place in any room.
• Does not remove humidity or oxygen from the air as many heaters do, so your breathing will be normal and your skin won't dry out.
• Weight: 23 lbs. It's a lightweight heater for easy transport or storage.
• Three power settings:
-Small - 650 Watts, 500 sq. ft.
-Medium - 1100 Watts, 750 sq. ft.
-Large - 1500 Watts, 1000 sq.ft.
• Approx. 5000 BTU, 12.6 Amps, 1500 Watts.
• Two speed fan, Regular and Sleep Mode for times when a reduced fan speed may be desirable.
• Thermostat settings between 60-90 degrees Fahrenheit giving you control of your personal comfort even in the coldest of winters.
• ETL 3096617 listing - United States & Canada. Originally a mark of ETL Testing Laboratories, now a mark of Intertek Testing Services.
• Unit cycles ON/OFF based on thermostat settings giving even heating that you can control.
• 2 degrees Fahrenheit between each setting 1-16 providing you with a wide range of ambient temperatures.
• Improves current heat efficiency when used according to recommended supplemental heating strategies, thus saving you money.
• Manual timer setting for OFF mode so you can set it and forget it safely.
• Supplemental heat source giving you extra heat where you want it.
• Uses conventional 110V 3-prong grounded outlet, so you can use it in any room in the house.
• 5 year warranty on Positive Thermal Coefficient (PTC) ceramic heat element so you can relax knowing you've made a sound investment.
• 2-in-1 product so you can heat in the winter and use to circulate purified air in warmer months.
The IAP-1000 2-in-1 Ceramic Infrared Heater Usage Applications Are as Follows:
IMPROVE CURRENT HEATING EFFICIENCY: Heat the area you wish to occupy to the temperature you desire using your current heating system, for example, 68F. Close doors to rooms that will not be occupied, thereby lessening the area to be heated. Turn on your EcoSunTec Infrared Heater and find the corresponding Heater or Temperature (thermostat) setting** which matches 68F. For the IMAP-1000, 8 and the IAP-1000, 5. Turn your thermostat for your central heating system down to around 62-64F. Your heater will automatically cycle on and off to maintain the desired temperature. By keeping the temperature around 68F, your central heating system will not engage, thereby saving you dollars. This assumes the area you are in most of the day is around 1000 sq. ft. or less. If you move from area to area, you can easily roll the heater from area to area. The concept is simple. Keep the area around you warm while the rest of your living or work area maintains a lower temperature. Who cares if the guest bedroom gets chilly?
If you have the requirement to heat significantly more than 1000 sq. ft., follow the same logic noted above and deploy two EcoSunTec heaters. It works, and the percentage of savings is just as great. If one or more heaters can heat your living or work area to the desired level, cut off your central heat and let the EcoSunTec heater(s) handle your complete heating requirement.
This same logic applies to living and work areas that have more than one central heating unit. For example, cut the upstairs heating unit off. Let the warm air from downstairs heat the upstairs. If you still need more heat upstairs, deploy the EcoSunTec heater. That may be more economical than engaging the upstairs central heat unit.
If you have ceiling fans, run them in the reverse mode and on slow speed. This forces the heat down and adds to your heat efficiency regardless of how you heat your living or work area.
If you live or work in a small area, think of your EcoSunTec heater as your every day sole heating source.
Generally, EcoSunTec heater savings are greater if your central heating source is natural or liquid propane gas or heating oil. In most situations, central electric heat is more efficient (costs less) than natural or liquid propane gas and heating oil. However, when the "heat strips" in an electric heat system are engaged, the cost of electric central heat goes up dramatically. In this situation, the EcoSunTec heater can greatly reduce heat costs.
SUPPLEMENTAL HEAT SOURCE: If there is a small area or room that does not warm up as well as the rest of your living or work area, the EcoSunTec heater may be the answer for relatively little cost. The same application, with the activation of heat strips in central electric heat units, applies here as well.
DRY HEAT: All heat is dry heat unless it has a source of moisture. Your eyes, throat and skin may get dry and uncomfortable. The EcoSunTec IMAP-1000 heater humidifier feature puts moisture in the air along with heat. Your comfort improves and "it makes 68 degrees feel like 72 degrees".
CLEAN AIR: Air purification feature on both units kills germs as air flows through the EcoSunTec heater. These features operate independently from the heat mode, thereby making your unit a year-round product.
TEMPERATURE SETTING** (thermostat operation):
IMAP-1000: Heater Settings 1-15, 50F-85F. Example, 1=50F, 5=60F, 9=70F, 13=80F. Each setting is
approximately 2 1/2F higher or lower than the adjacent settings.
IAP-1000: Temperature Settings 1-16, 60F-90F. Example, 1=60F, 5=68F, 9=76F, 13=84F. Each setting is
approximately 2F higher or lower than adjacent settings.
**The temperature settings are not exact. The settings and corresponding temperatures will vary according to your thermostat. The key here is to calibrate heater settings 01 - 15/16 with your thermostat. For example, if the thermostat is set at 68F and the heater setting 10 cycles off, then the thermostat setting at 68F and heater setting 10 are compatible. The heater setting could easily be a different number. You are familiar with your thermostat, so adjust the heater setting to the thermostat. In this example, turn your thermostat down to 62-64F and leave the calibrated heater setting in place. The heater should cycle on and off automatically keeping the 1000 sq.ft. at approximately 68F and your central heat system remains off. Working the heater setting with your thermostat is key to good results.
Also available is the new EcoSunTec IMAP-1000 3-in-1 Ceramic Infrared Space Heater which showcases humidification, air filtration and a remote control.
Categories: Home Appliances