Top 8 Homemade Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Making presents for anniversary or someone else's is a great way to show off creative skills and save money on a present. Here are eight ideas for husband, wife or a couple that are easy to make.
February 28, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Making presents for anniversary or someone else's is a great way to show off creative skills and save money on a present. Here are eight ideas for husband, wife or a couple that are easy to make.
Gift for wife
1. A romantic dinner. Instead of taking wife out for a night on the town, try making dinner yourself. Search through cookbooks and find a simple, but elegant meal that can prepare yourself. Get her out of the house for the day so can surprise her. Set the table to set the mood and don't forget the candles!
2. Homemade bath salts. A project like this may scare some men away, but it's actually easier than it sounds. Use three parts Epsom salt and two parts baking soda. Add in some essential oil and plain food coloring and distribute the scent and color evenly by stirring the mixture with a spoon. Store the salts in a sealed container.
3. A book of coupons just for her. This gift is sweet and sentimental. wife will appreciate a foot rub, a night out with her girlfriends, a special dinner, a half hour of listening and other unique coupons !
Gifts for husband
4. A cookie bouquet. Nothing says a love like a bunch of homemade cookies displayed in a unique way. Make three different batches of cookies. Let the cookies cool and then place sturdy dowels in the cookies to make a bouquet. Bind them together with ribbon and then place them in a masculine looking jar or vase.
5. A catch-all tray. Men have lots of things they carry in their pockets that need to be emptied at the end of each day. If husband tends to misplace his wallet or keys, give him a space where he can put everything at the end of the day. Look at craft stores for plain wooden boxes or ceramic trays that can be decorated in any way that see fit.
6. A book of coupons just for him. This idea is so good for anniversaries, it's worth mentioning twice. Create coupons on computer for one free back rub, a night off dish duty and other specialty coupons. Since creating it for an anniversary, could make the coupons romantic, or do a mix of practical and romantic coupons.
Gifts for a couple
7. A customized CD. Create a CD or mp3 playlist that chronicles the couple's time together. can include songs from the year they were married and any other big milestone years for them (like having a baby or buying a house). can create a customized CD cover on computer with their picture, and then list the songs and the year they hit #1 on the back of the CD cover.
8. A photo montage. Collect pictures of the couple throughout the years, dating back to when they were children. Use a photo editing program on computer to arrange the pictures in an 8X10 space. Crop the pictures so can fit a lot of smaller pictures in the same space. Have it printed out at local photo printer and then purchase a frame.