Top 7 Easy Kitchen Decoration Ideas
Having the kitchen remodeled is an easy solution that can add significant value to the home. A remodeling project can be a simple process that cost nearly a few hundred dollars.
April 29, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Seven easy kitchen decoration ideas
Having the kitchen remodeled is an easy solution that can add significant value to the home. A remodeling project can be a simple process that cost nearly a few hundred dollars, or can cost tens of thousands to fully modernize many of the outdated components in the house. Homeowners often select a kitchen decoration as the ideal home improvement solution for maximizing the benefits of the home. There are easy ways of decorating the kitchen, as detailed below. Read on for some easy kitchen decoration ideas.
Updating the Cabinetry
1) One of the most noticeable items in your kitchen is the cabinets. A set of drab cabinets can bring down your whole kitchen. In some cases, you don't need to do much to your cabinets. Start by changing the hardware. Some new door handles and drawer pulls can change the look of your cabinets. Many times the cabinets are still in good condition, and it is only the doors that are outdated. If the cabinet boxes are in good shape, then perhaps just some new doors and drawer faces will change up the look, and improve your cabinets dramatically. In some cases, some new trim on the cabinet doors will also work.
Changing the Flooring
2) There is a large assortment of flooring options available when remodeling the kitchen. These include hardwood, laminate, linoleum, and tile, polished concrete and even outdoor carpet. The linoleum fabricated today is far more appealing than the flooring in your grandmother's home. There is a huge array of laminates available that look identical to hardwood that hold up significantly better and have nearly no maintenance requirements.
Install new lighting
3) The quickest way to beautify any kitchen is to change out the lighting. This might include adding a ceiling fan with lights, recessed lights, sconces and even chandeliers. There is a huge assortment of available lighting to meet any budget.
Consider installing under cabinet lighting. This will transform the way that the homeowner can perform their kitchen duties. They can be strategically placed underneath every cabinet, and add beauty to the counter top. Additionally, consider installing recessed cans in the ceiling in the kitchen that is controlled by a dimmer switch to add an accent when the kitchen is being utilized or not.
Add More Storage
4) Many inventive homeowners seek out flea markets as a way to find additional storage for their kitchen. They can take an ordinary cabinet, paint it and add lacy appliques or fancy medallions to beautify an accent piece in the home. It is the ideal location to display all of the treasures in the kitchen that are often hand-me-downs from past generations.
5) Another simple home improvement project that will improve the look of your kitchen is new paint. Let's face it… white paint is boring. White paint also shows every stain from splattered food. You can choose a neutral color to warm things up in your kitchen. You do not need to limit yourself to a neutral color, though. Bright colors can add some excitement and personality to your kitchen. Just take some time to research colors, though. Some are better for kitchens than others.
Transforming the interior of the kitchen does not require expensive remodeling home improvement projects. Even the simplest basic idea with a clever touch can significantly enhance the beauty of the room. This can be as simple as adding a dark wall that accentuates or complements the colors in the room. It can also be changing existing bar chairs for something new and inventive, or old, and traditional style.
6) A simple piece of chair railing installed around the perimeter of the kitchen and dining room can add a decorative feature and an instant appeal to the rooms. The installation process is simple, especially when each piece is painted before it is installed.
Counter Top Material
7) Selecting the best type of counter top material can be challenging. There is a huge assortment of options available including granite, marble, tile, and synthetic materials in a variety of colors, styles and strengths.
There are several home improvement projects that you can do yourself to make your boring kitchen a place to hang out with family and friends. If you do not feel comfortable doing these projects yourself, you can always hire a contractor to do the project. There is no reason to be stuck with a boring kitchen, when with just a few small changes; you can make your kitchen a fun and unique room in your house.
Categories: Gardens and Landscape