There are seven methods to prolong the freshness of chicken egg.
March 19, 2014 (Newswire.com) -
Chicken egg is the kind of thing that we eat nearly every day, which is rich in protein and conductive to the nutrition absorption. However, it only remain fresh for 10-20 days at room temperature. Then how to prolong the freshness of chicken eggs becomes increasingly important.
1. For long term storage, the mixture of sodium silicate is quite popular. It is a conventional way to store fresh chicken eggs. You can keep the eggs fresh up to 7 months with this simple method.
2.According to the recommendation of United States Department of Agriculture, cover the eggs with lime solution and keep them in stoneware crock is another method to keep eggs fresh for at least 2 months.
3. You can simply get the help from mineral oil,the freshness of chicken eggs would be retained for at least 5 months.
4. Put the fresh chicken eggs into the storage, seal around and fill into 50-60% carbon dioxide to curb the emission of carbon dioxide inside the egg,reducing the respiration to prolong the shelf life of chicken eggs.
5. Unwashed eggs retain their freshness for longer time. There are many pores and a thin film in the eggshell. The film is a natural protection, if it remains undamaged, the egg will retain its freshness longer.
6. You can take a container and fill it with natural preservative like wood ash, chaff, sawdust, bran, etc. These soft materials can buffer the mechanical damage from outside, reduce the impact of temperature and enhance moisture absorption ability.
7. It will be better to use dry red beans, mung beans and soybeans instead of wood ash, chaff, sawdust, bran, etc.