The Miracle Micro-Algaes, Spirulina & Astaxanthin Shown to Be 2 of the Most Powerful Antioxidants
Oxidative stress caused by free radicals is the most degenerative agent within the body. Spirulina and Astaxanthin have been shown to be one of the most effective superfoods at fighting oxidative stress thus protecting nearly all facets of the body.
April 18, 2014 (Newswire.com) - The 2 biggest emerging superfood as of lately are Spirulina and Astaxanthin. Both of these microalgae's have been shown to have a multitude of powerful health benefits for the entire body. A large part of Spirulina & Astaxanthin's nourishment properties stem from the fact both are very powerful and effective antioxidants. In fact Astaxanthin is considered the most effective antioxidant in the world. Their ability to neutralize oxidative stress, which is the most degenerative force in the body, gives both Spirulina and Astaxanthin a wide range of health benefits.
If you are not already aware, antioxidants work to eliminate free radicals that lead to oxidative stress. The elimination of free radicals is one of the most important battles your body continually wags. Free radicals themselves are a natural waste by-product of the body and if they are not eliminated they then lead to degeneration of the body and bodily systems. Oxidative stress damages the body at the cellular level, in fact it actually damages the cells themselves. The damage to the cells causes them to run less efficiently thus causing the body to run less efficiently. This imbalance then leads to a slew of possible health issues. The more effective our body is at eliminating free radicals the healthier our body is and the slower it ages and degenerates.
Astaxanthin has actually been discovered to be the most powerful antioxidant on earth and is considered the greatest ally against oxidative stress. When it comes to free radical scavenging Astaxanthin has been found to be 65 times more powerful than Vitamin C, 54 times more powerful than beta carotene, and 14 times more powerful than vitamin E. When it comes to "singlet oxygen quenching" which is a particular kind of oxidative stress and is a highly unstable form of oxygen. Astaxanthin is shown to be 550 times more effective than vitamin E and 11 times more effective than beta-carotene.
Another huge benefit of Astaxanthin as an antioxidant is the fact that is highly bio-available throughout the whole body. This means that it is able to eliminate free radicals in every part of the body. This is actually a very rare attribute because many antioxidants can only work on specific areas of the body. In fact Astaxanthin is one of the only antioxidants that can cross the blood-brain barrier and fight oxidative stress to the brain. Oxidative stress in the brain actually destroys the brain cells AKA neurons, which leads to the degeneration of the brain. Astaxanthin's ability to fight oxidative stress in the brain helps keep the brain fresh and clear and also helps prevent degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's.
On top of that, Astaxanthin is able to eliminate free radicals at a much greater rate because it can neutralize multiple free radicals simultaneously. Unlike other antioxidants such as Vitamin C & E, which can only work on one free radical at a time, Astaxanthin has been shown to handle as many as 19 free radicals at a time.
Spirulina also boasts a tremendous antioxidant profile. Spirulina is different from Astaxanthin in the sense that Spirulina contains a multitude of nutrients and among the nutrients contained within Spirulina are many different antioxidants.
Some of the antioxidants found in Spirulina include:
- Carotenoids: Carotenoids are well known for their role in cancer prevention by acting as an antioxidant and fighting off free radicals. It is also shown to improve your immune system, cellular health, prevent cardiovascular disease and slow down age related degeneration.
- Beta Carotene: Beta Carotene is converted into vitamin A when consumed. It is shown to be a powerful antioxidant that prevents free radicals limiting the damage to cell membrane, DNA and protein structure of cells.
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD): Spirulina contains high amounts of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), a class of enzymes that act as powerful anti-oxidants which boosts your immune system and also neutralizes free radicals that lead to disease, aging and cancer.
- Xanthopylls: Xanthopylls is a group of phytonutrients that act as powerful antioxidants for the body. These powerful antioxidants fight off harmful free radicals that cause oxidative stress to every part of the body.
- Zeaxanthin: Zeaxanthin is a highly important nutrient that is considered a carotenoid and is often found in leafy green vegetables. It acts as a antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals that cause oxidative stress to eyes.
- Phycocyanin: Phycocyanin is rare phytonutrients found in Spirulina and has been referred to as a the "wonder molecule." Phycocyanin has been shown to have high antioxidant capabilities, is a powerful anti-inflammatory, reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases and is shown to boost weak immune systems.
If you are interested in leveraging the antioxidant power of Spirulina and Astaxanthin, then look no further than Organic SpiruZan. This wholefood nutritional supplement combines the highest quality sources of Organic Spirulina and Astaxanthin into one supplement for brain and total body health.
Triquetra Health, the makers or Organic SpiruZan are currently offering 50% off 1 bottle SpiruZan if you buy on Amazon.com. If you are interested in taking advanatage of this offer, please visit Amazon.com and input the coupon code below at checkout.
50% off Coupon Code (1Bottle Organic SpiruZan): 478PWYR4
Categories: Exercise and Physical Fitness