SuperGroup Masters the Mammoth Sani2c
Super Group - official logistics sponsor for the 2014 Nedbank sani2c provided an entire mobility solution to the world's largest mountain bike stage race using end-to-end supply chain management and cutting edge route mapping and tracking technology.
May 22, 2014 (Newswire.com) - To keep things moving behind the scenes of the world's largest mountain bike stage race, the 2014 Nedbank sani2c, which took place from 13 - 17 May 2014, official logistics sponsor, Super Group, provided an entire mobility solution to the race, incorporating end-to-end supply chain management and underpinned by cutting edge route mapping and tracking technology.
This epic logistics challenge of transporting over 4 300 riders' kits from stage to stage was made even trickier due to the evolution of the sani2c race format over its 10-year history in order to allow more riders, ranging from pro to amateur, to participate. This year there were three race options, the Trail, Adventure and the Pro Race, which all started on different days, but covered the same 265-km route between Underberg and Scottburgh.
Over 23 Super Group vehicles were deployed to the sani2c to master this mammoth task, including six 8-ton trucks, eight refrigerated 8-ton trucks and two 4-ton fridge trucks - all part of the Group's commercial vehicle leasing division - Super Rent. Staffing these vehicles involved over 30 Super Group employees, including a hospitality crew to host the 90 riders -made up of clients, suppliers and colleagues - competing in the race under the Group's team colours.
Jeff van Driel, Chief Business Development & Marketing Officer at Super Group, says "The 10th Edition of the Nedbank sani2c was a resounding success - I loved every second of it! This year 45 teams rode under the Super Group team colours. Thirty of these teams managed to finish as a Group in Scottburgh and it was phenomenal. My sheer enjoyment was to give some of those guys riding the sani2c an unbeatable experience - and the ride of their life."
2014 Nedbank sani2c results:
1. Kevin Evans & Max Knox (FedGroup-Itec) 8:57:45;
2. Gawie Combrinck & Johann Rabie (EAI South Africa) 9:01:08;
3. Rourke Croeser & Travis Walker (Kargo Pro) 9:05:21;
4. Andrew Hill & Darren Lill (Red-E/TIB) 9:05:48;
5. Arno du Toit & Brendon Davids (Trek Racing) 9:15:50.
1. Jennie Stenerhag & Robyn de Groot (Biogen Toyota-Cape Brewing) 10:36:26;
2. Yolande Speedy & Yolandi du Toit (Garmin-ASG) 11:29:04;
3. Natalie Bergstrom & Tammy Visagie (Baeti) 11:57:40.
1. Ariane Kleinhans & Lourens Luus (RECM) 9:49:56;
2. Yolande de Villiers & Johan Labuschagne (Sasol Racing) 10:25:28;
3. Igna de Villiers & Dalene van der Leek (Lge/Midas/Bells Racing) 10:45:18.
Categories: Bicycle Tours