Stonefield Query Reporting Solution for Sage 300 ERP New Version 4.3
Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 4.3 of Stonefield Query for Sage 300 ERP (formerly known as Sage Accpac ERP). There are serveral new features in this latest version.
January 24, 2013 (Newswire.com) - Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 4.3 of Stonefield Query for Sage 300 ERP (formerly known as Sage Accpac ERP). There are serveral new features in this latest version.
- Now create batch reports. A batch report automatically runs several reports, outputting each to the desired destination. This is handy if, for example, if normally run the same three reports at the end of every week. Rather than choosing them one at a time, now create a batch report that combines those three reports and just run it. Now batch reports can be scheduled.
- Now append the output of a report to an existing Microsoft Excel output file. In that case, the report appears in a new worksheet (tab) within the spreadsheet. This even works if the file is already open in Excel. You can also now choose XLSX or XLS as the extension for a Microsoft Excel output file.
- Turning on the new Start each group on a new page option for the first row field in a cross-tab report causes each group of records to appear on its own page. Now turn on the Output each group as a separate file and Output each group as a separate email settings so each group is output to its own file or email.
- The new Delimited - Microsoft Excel Format output type outputs to a comma-separated values (CSV) file but uses Excel formatting so things like leading zeros are preserved when the file is opened in Excel.
- Formulas are now stored in the same folder as reports (in a file named CalcFields.DBF) so if the program runs on a workstation but reports are shared on a server, so are the formulas. For backward compatibility, the program will still look for CalcFields in the Data subdirectory of the program folder so you won't lose the formulas, so this works better for new installations rather than existing ones.
- Now enter a formatted SQL statement in the SQL Statement step of the Customize Report dialog. For example, carriage returns and tabs are now permitted. This makes it easier to take a SQL statement from another application and paste it into a report's SQL statement. Note that this change now requires a prefix procedural code with "*-" to use code rather than a SQL statement (a rare occurrence).
- Microsoft Excel full-format output works better now: the output has a single page header at the top of the document and a single page footer at the bottom rather than header/footer sections where the pages would normally break, and the use of empty columns and rows for positioning is minimized.
- Stonefield Query now handles font scripts other than Western, such as Cyrillic or Greek. Now select the desired script in the Font dialog that appears when you click the font button in the Field Properties dialog of a report wizard or in the Advanced Report Designer.
- Clicking the Add All or Remove All buttons in Step 2 of the report wizards now display a prompt asking to confirm the changes to prevent inadvertently adding all fields in a table to a report or removing all fields from a report.
- The application no longer erases the diagnostic log (Diagnostic.txt in the Data subdirectory of the program folder) if KeepLog=Y is in Data.INI. This is useful for checking diagnostics over multiple runs, such as for scheduled reports.
- Now resize dashboard windows to a much smaller size than before.
- Now edit a chart that's included in a quick report with an advanced layout. The Size page in Step 4 of the Chart Wizard is now disabled in that case, since it cannot change the chart size.
- Now by clicking the serial number in the About dialog (available from the Help menu) to copy the serial number to the clipboard. This makes it easier to enter the serial number when creating a ticket in the online support ticket system.
Visit the website to download a free full function trial version of Stonefield Query for Sage 300 ERP Version 4.3 http://www.stonefieldquery.com