Spirulina Shown to Aid Those Suffering from Type 2 Diabetes by Improving Cholesterol, Blood Glucose and Blood Pressure Levels
The emerging micro algae superfood, Spirulina, has been found to aid those suffering from type 2 diabetes. Spirulina has been shown to improve many important facets of a diabetics health.
April 17, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Spirulina is a microalgae that has recently gained tremendous popularity due to its many powerful health benefits. As of recently it has been found to be an extremely effective therapeutic remedy for those suffering from type 2 diabetes. In recent studies researchers discovered that Spirulina showed the ability to improve blood glucose levels, improve lipid profile by lowering LDL levels, improve blood pressure and improve HDL levels (good cholesterol).
If you are not already aware type 2 diabetes is an epidemic in the US with over 25 million people suffering from it and 1.9 million new diagnoses every year. Diabetes not only dramatically affects a persons day to day life, it also put those suffering from it at tremendous risk of developing a multitude of other health problems such as heart disease, stroke, kidney failure and much more.
Countless scientific research studies have begun to uncover a multitude of powerful health benefits that spirulina provides to those suffering from diabetes.
- In a groundbreaking study conducted at University of Baroda in India researchers concluded "our findings suggest that Spirulina supplementation aids in controlling blood glucose levels as well as lipid profile in subjects with type 2 diabetes." The study also suggested that the blood glucose levels stayed healthy over a long period of time indicating long term glucose regulation.
- In another study conducted at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences in China researchers found that Spirulina "decreased blood glucose, total cholesterol, triglycerides and improved HDL cholesterol levels."
- The University of Mexico School of Medicine conducted a study that found that Spirulina significantly reduced serum triglyceride levels and total cholesterol, boosted HDL, and reduced blood pressure in test subjects
And at a statistical level, the improvements are drastic. The study conducted in India found that Spirulina reduced LDL (bad cholesterol) by an additional 35.1% in comparison to the control group. They also found the levels of HDL (good cholesterol) significantly increased and that the ratio of bad cholesterol to good cholesterol decreased by 60.2%.
To put things simply, these studies show that Spirulina may have the ability to:
- Improves lipid profile by lowering LDL levels & triglyceride levels
- Improves blood glucose levels, with the improvements in blood glucose are sustained over time
- Improved HDL cholesterol levels
- Improved blood pressure levels
If you are looking to begin using Spirulina, than look no further than Organic SpiruZan, this organic Spirulina and Astaxanthin supplement is derived from the highest quality organic ingredients and boasts a tremendous nutritional profile. SpiruZan is also formulated with Astaxanthin, which is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to also improve the conditions of those suffering from type diabetes.
Triquetra Health the makers of Organic SpiruZan are currently offering 50% 1 bottle of organic SpiruZan when you purchase from Amazon.com. If you would like to take advantage of this offer please use the coupon code below at checkout.
50% off Coupon Code (1Bottle Organic SpiruZan): 478PWYR4
Categories: Exercise and Physical Fitness