SMi Group Biosimilars & Biobetters USA Event Set to Help Delegates Capitalise on $54 Billion Market
PRA International & pSivida Corp to sponsor event taking place 7th & 8th April in Iselin, New Jersey
February 24, 2014 (Newswire.com) -
The global biosimilars & Biobetters market is set to open up an estimated $54 billion in sales and SMi Group's inaugural event is set to help companies understand how to capitalise on its potential.
This year's exciting event will invite in-depth discussion of key industry issues and drivers central to biosimilars including cost effective development and process methods, implementation of clinical trials, evaluating safety and quality, and regulatory and legal preparedness.
With 19 key speakers now on board and delegates registering from leading companies, the event is on course to sell out.
The two-day event will feature:
Incredible speaker line-up: exclusive case-studies and interactive presentations will help delegates understand how to identify potential revenue streams from biosimilar production and regulatory changes affecting the industry:
- Dr Richard Dicicco, Chairman, Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
- Dr John Pakulski, Senior Director, and Head US Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, Sandoz
- Rodeina Challand, Executive Director, Biosimilars Development, Scientific Affairs, PRA International
- Dr ShinJae Chang, Vice President, Research and Development, Celltrion Inc.
- Paul Ashton, President & CEO, pSivida
- Peter Pitts, President, Center for Medicine in the Public Interest (Former FDA Associate Commissioner)
- Douglas M. Long, Vice President, Industry Relations, IMS Health
- Dr Rakesh Dixit, Vice President, Research and Development Head, Global Biologics Safety Assessment, MedImmune (AstraZeneca Biologics)
Two interactive post-conference workshops:
- Differentiation Strategies for the Generics Industry. Workshop Leader: Asa Cox, Founder & CEO, Generic Pharma 2.0
- Launching a Biosimilar in an Innovator v. Generic World. Workshop Leader: Kristie Kuhl, JD, Executive VP, Makovsky
Full event information can be found at www.biosimilars-usa.com or last minute early-bird places can be booked via John Collins: +44(0) 20 7827 6734.
Notes to editor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at www.smi-online.co.uk
email us here
Categories: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech