Leading online postal service company POBoxes has launched an app - the first of its kind - to enable people to securely access their mail by mobile phone or tablet.
July 3, 2014 (Newswire.com) - The ground-breaking POBoxes app is available free of charge to all POBoxes customers for download at the Play store for Android devices or the Apple store for iPads and iPhones.
Account holders are now able to view all their scanned and uploaded mail on their phone or tablet, receive notifications of new mail and download, recycle, store or forward mail items all at the touch of a button. POBoxes has taken every precaution to ensure customers' data remains confidential in a fully encrypted secure environment and is registered and licensed with Data Protection.
All POBoxes online services are available on both a desktop browser and the secure app for phone and tablet, meaning that users' accounts are now even more accessible, wherever they may be.
Managing Director of the online business Alexander Redpath said: "The exclusive POBoxes app is a brand new service that enables our customers to access their post wherever they are in the world. It saves time and makes life easier for business owners, no matter where they are based.
"Nearly two-thirds (65%) of Internet users go online via mobile phones, and 29% do so on tablets1. The popularity of tablets and smart phones is set to keep on growing and we felt an app was necessary to provide the best possible service for our users. Emails, instant messages and texts have all been available on the move for quite a while now, so it stands to reason that post is now too."
The business has secured more than £100,000 in investment to develop its remote postal services since POBoxes.com was established in 2012 to make a paperless, virtual office possible. Its service can act as a forwarding address and also as a private mailbox, with addresses in London and Darlington. It also scans mail and forwards mail for businesses.
To download the app, search for POBoxes or click here and here. For more information see the website www.poboxes.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8819 1601.
1 Global Web Index Study www.globalwebindex.net
High res images available
Notes to Editors:
• POBoxes is an innovative online business that offers companies four specialist services: mail scanning, complete virtual office, mail forwarding and fully personalised phone answering.
• With mailboxes in London and Darlington, POBoxes can provide a forwarding address as well as a private mailbox.
• POBoxes.com offers confidential mail and call handling services. It is focused on security and protect customer's data whilst enabling them to access their mail. Its customers can use one of its UK addresses for all their mail, and it will forward it to them anywhere in the world. Customers can also read their mail online 24/7 in their very own personal, password protected online mailbox.
• POBoxes.com is fully licensed under Data Protection and UK Money Laundering regulations, visit http://www.poboxes.com/
• POBoxes is headed by industry expert Alexander Redpath, who is available for media interviews.