Mikronauts, a developer and manufacturer of innovative electronics and robotics products, announces RoboPi, an advanced robot controller for the Raspberry Pi. RoboPi adds an eight-core 32-bit RISC microcontroller to the Raspberry Pi in order to off-l
June 9, 2014 (Newswire.com) - "RoboPi allows sophisticated robots to be made with a Raspberry Pi handling vision and RoboPi handling the low level control - you can think of RoboPi as the 'hindbrain', and the Raspberry Pi as the 'cerebral cortex' - Mikronauts CTO William Henning"
RoboPi was designed to allow educational institutions to offer advanced robotics courses for their students, and for individuals to be able to construct affordable sophisticated robots incorporating navigation and computer vision. RoboPi offloads the hard real time I/O and provides 24 digital I/O's and eight channels of analog to digital expansion, along with support for I2C and other peripherals.
An extensive build manual allows electronics students to easily build the all through-hole component RoboPi controller board, and the user manual introduces the application programming interfaces for both the Raspberry Pi and native Propeller Spin development.
- Parallax Propeller P8X32 eight core 32 bit Risc microcontroller running at 100Mhz
- eight channel 0-5V MCP3208 analog to digital converter with servo compatible headers
- three ten-pin Mikronauts I/O module expansion connectors (P0-P7, P8-P15, P16-P23)
- 24 servo compatible headers on P0..P23
- P0-P7 & P8-P15 can select external power power or Pi's 5VDC power supply
- P16-P23 is powered by 5V from the Pi expansion header for sensors
- 512Kbit boot EEPROM for the Propeller
- 4 pin I2C expansion headers for both the Raspberry Pi and the Propeller
- 5 pin HCOM connector for use with PropPlug in stand alone operation (optional)
- extensive RoboPi Build Manual and RoboPi User Manual
- Arduino-style C library for the Raspberry Pi and Spin Object for the Parallax Propeller
RoboPi is supplied kit form in order to be more cost effective for schools, clubs and individuals.
For a complete list of features please see http://www.mikronauts.com/raspberry-pi/robopi/
RoboPi is available now in both "Lite" and "Full" kit form.
Quantity pricing is available for distributors and educational organizations.