How to Buy High Quality Edible Oil?
There are so many kinds of oil for sale in our daily life. Many may feel at loss when selecting. The following are some tips for you.
April 10, 2014 (Newswire.com) - There are so many kinds of oil for sale in our daily life. Many may feel at loss when selecting. The following are some tips for you.
1. Check the package carefully to figure out whether the information is complete, which include label, brand, fat level, quality standard code, manufacturer, especially the production date and expiry date. Besides, check whether the seal is complete and tight.
2. Observe its transparency. Observe the edible oil in the sun or light, the superior oil should be transparent, not opaque. The higher brightness, the better.
3. Normally, the color of the edible oil is canary yellow, yellow or claybank. To the refined oil, the lighter in color and lustre, the better. The dark color indicates that the degree of refining is not high enough.
4. Every kind of oil has its unique odor. Put a drop of oil in the palm of your hands, rub your hands together to heat, then smell it. If you smell peculiar smell, the oil is inferior. The rancidity or acid smell indicate that the oil has gone bad. If the edible oil is mixed with starchy materials, the oil will become bluish violet or black blue only if we add several drops of iodine in small amount of oil.
5. Touch a drop of edible oil with your finger and taste it. Superior oil has good taste. If it tastes sour, bitter, pungent, puckery, numb, etc. it is obviously the inferior oil.
6. Moisture Content: The edible oil with water is opaque, and easy to deteriorate in storage. Pour the oil into a small clean and dry glass bottle, screw the lid on tightly, oscillate the bottle up and down for several times. If the oil becomes milky, the oil is mixed with water.
7. Check if it has sediment. High quality edible oil edible oil pressing machine is free from sediment or suspended particles. Heat the oil with sediment or suspended particles in the pot, the oil will sputter, smoke and foam, and the fried food is in dark color.