HIPAA Priority Support Delivers Cost Effective Compliance Services to Covered Entities and Business Associates Without the Need to Add Internal Staff
June 15, 2014 (Newswire.com) - HIPAA compliance for healthcare covered entities and business associates is becoming a risk management challenge. Today, business managers and compliance officers are tasked with growing responsibilities of conducting a risk assessment, monitoring business processes for compliance, managing privacy and security policies and procedures, data breach preparedness and coordinating compliance requirements with covered entities or business associates, to name a few.
In addition, new regulations and guidance documents require the compliance officer to research federal and state regulations. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services for example, implements regulatory change via a process of public Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for modifying privacy and security rules, compliance and investigations, imposition of civil money penalties, and procedures for hearings issued under HIPAA, all of which must be monitored closely to maintain compliance relevancy and accuracy in a HIPAA program. Privacy and security oversight has reached a new level of demand and the time between an issue arising and when it must be resolved is shrinking fast in order to protect patients protected health information and the healthcare organizations exposure.
Teaming with HIPAA Analytics is a business strategy to cost effectively add specialized skills, experience and best practices that benefits the healthcare organization with a subject matter expert in HIPAA compliance, and knowledge sharing that improves the organizations compliance performance. The remote subscription based priority service includes:
- Dedicated Consultant Serving Clients HIPAA Compliance Program
- Direct Phone and Email Support with Compliance Officer
- Guidance on Business Issues Impacting Compliance Requirements
- Provide Actionable Insight and Best Practices to Improve Compliance Program
- Compliance Document Review, for Example, Business Associate Agreements
- Assist with Development of Additional HIPAA Policies, Procedures and Implementation
- Guidance on Data Breach or Security Incident Investigation
- Advisory Opinions on HIPAA Regulations Impacting Business Process
- Quarterly Compliance Review to Check Progress, Discuss Issues and Make Recommendations
- Provide Back-up to Compliance Officer in Emergencies
- Risk Analysis: Assist Client with Annual Risk Analysis Review
HIPAA Analytics Priority Support is ideal for healthcare covered entities and business associates, small and medium-size, or enterprise level who wish to optimize their HIPAA compliance program with direct access to compliance skills and resources without the expense of adding internal staff.
Additional information about HIPAA Analytics Priority Services is available by contacting -
Grant Peterson, J.D.
HIPAA Privacy and Security Consultant