Greg Martin Auctions Offers Fine Antique, Collectible & Military Arms on January 17
Over 700 lots of historic arms and armor are offered at the Riviera Hotel in conjunction with the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show. Featured highlights include collections of Dale & Delores Buller and Stephen D'Arrigo, Jr.
December 23, 2009 (Newswire.com) - On Sunday, January 17, Greg Martin Auctions holds its first live auction of 2010, when over 700 fine antique, collectible and military arms go up for bid in Las Vegas. The diverse range of collectibles includes noteworthy collections and exceptional highlights. The Dale & Delores Buller Collection features several hundred exceptional Winchesters and Colts - a rare opportunity to obtain the highest-quality firearms to come up for bid in many years. Amassed over 55 years, the collection includes an Exhibition Grade Winchester Model 1894 Lever Action Rifle from the Pan-American Exhibition of 1901, estimated at $80,000 - 100,000.
Other attractions of this sale are over 200 items from the Stephen D'Arrigo, Jr. Collection of U.S. Military Firearms & Eaglehead Swords from before the Revolutionary War through the Civil War, including a scarce Model 1805/06 Harper's Ferry Flintlock pistol. From Santa Clara Valley, California, Mr. D'Arrigo, a second-generation descendant of the family of long-time vegetable growers, fought in Normandy in World War II, including the invasion of France on D-Day - June 6, 1944.
The January 17 sale will be held in two sessions: Session I, which begins at 3 pm, features the Stephen D'Arrigo, Jr. Collection. Session II presents Fine Antique, Collectible & Military Arms. The auction - held at the Riviera Hotel & Casino, located at 2901 South Las Vegas Blvd. - was scheduled to coordinate with the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show on January 15 - 17, allowing attendees to get a double bang for their buck. Auction Previews, free to the public, will also be held at the Riviera Hotel on January 15 - 16 from 9 am - 5 pm and from 9 am - 3 pm on Sunday, January 17.
According to Greg Martin, principal of the firm bearing his name, the January sale showcases arms and armor that have not been seen in public for years. "This auction features unique firearms and swords from carefully cultivated collections that have been accumulated over decades," Mr. Martin said. "The diversity and quality of this fresh, exceptional property is sure to attract buyers - despite vagaries of the economic environment - because collectors are confident that such items retain or increase in value."
• Exceptional deluxe engraved, cased, silver & gold plated Colt Model 1851 Navy revolver, with relief-carved Mexican eagle ivory grips. (Lot 1042. Estimate: $150,000 - 250,000)
• John Ulrich signed, factory engraved, Henry Marked Winchester Model 1866 Rifle, ca. 1869. (Lot 1055. Estimate: $125,000 - 175,000)
• Cased Colt Civilian Model 1860 Army revolver in exceptional condition, with accessories. (Lot 1043. Estimate: $100,000 - 150,000)
• Historic presentation engraved and chased sterling silver overlaid Colt Single Action Army Revolver with silver grips of Vincente Oropeza, world-champion roper and star of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. (Lot 1068. Estimate: $90,000 - 150,000)
• Fine and Rare U.S. Model 1830 Springfield Armory Flintlock Cadet Musket, dated 1830, with Bayonet. (Lot 576. Estimate: $30,000 - 40,000)
Detailed information is available in two catalogs sold through GMA and online.
Bidders can participate in various ways: onsite at the Riviera Hotel, by phone bidding and via absentee bids. In addition, real-time, Internet bidding through Proxibid allows potential buyers online to view a photo of each item as it goes up for sale and bid as selling is underway.
Greg Martin Auctions' next live sale is scheduled for March 2009 in Irvine, California.
Categories: Hobbies and Crafts