According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, 'Safety' is one of five essential human needs. One-way millions of consumers have satisfied their need of 'Safety' is through electronic security systems.
January 6, 2014 (Newswire.com) - In the security industry there have been leaps and bounds towards technology innovations. SafeNOW Security has immersed itself in this thriving industry and have 5 tips for consumers interested in the safety of their family, home and/or business.
1) 100% Cellular: Within the last several years, many alarm companies have begun offering 24/7 cellular security monitoring systems. These systems communicate with your monitoring station via cell towers, very similar to how cell phones connect when you make a call. Cellular has proven more reliable than older traditional POTS and Internet based systems, while still remaining affordable.
2) Two-way Voice: This feature allows your central monitoring station to communicate with you in the event of an emergency or potential false alarm. The goal of two-way voice is to quickly diagnose the situation and contact the appropriate emergency personnel. Speed is key. Also, two-way voice helps identify if there is an actual emergency or user error (false alarm) by the monitoring station operator communicating with you directly through the control panel. This is imperative because many police departments will assess a fine for excessive false alarms. To find information related to false alarm fines in your area contact your local police department or visit their website.
3) Remote Accessibility: Nowadays consumers are looking for ways to multitask and complete tasks on the go. This is made possible through smartphone apps. Consumers are now able to remotely arm/disarm their security alarm system, receive text alarm notification, adjust their thermostat, lock/unlock doors and view video surveillance directly from their smartphone. This is not only a convenience feature but also a security feature. Think about how many times you have left your home or business and can't remember whether or not you armed your security, locked the back door or closed the side window. This added feature allows you to check the status of your system on the go.
4) Environmental Monitoring: Smoke, carbon monoxide, freeze and flood monitoring are available as part of your security package. Unlike standard smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, in the event of smoke or carbon monoxide detection, not only are you notified but the appropriate emergency personnel are contacted.
5) Lifetime Warranty and Free Move Program: The industry standard security-monitoring contract is 36 months. However, some companies will offer month to month or 1 year contracts that typically carry a higher initial investment. If you are willing to commit to a 36 months contract, find a monitoring company that is willing to commit to you. Most well established monitoring companies will offer a lifetime warranty and free move program.
For more information related to this topic, please visit http://www.safenowsecurity.com
Kenwin Cummings, Security Consultant
320 Decker Dr., Suite 243
Irving, Texas 75062
Office: (469) 248-7233 ext. 101
Mobile: (682) 231-1375