Farmington Chamber of Commerce Honors KBE Building Corporation as the Large Business of the Year
KBE Building Corporation (KBE) has won the Large Business of the Year Award from the Farmington Chamber of Commerce.
May 13, 2013 (Newswire.com) - KBE Building Corporation (KBE) (www.kbebuilding.com) has won the Large Business of the Year Award from the Farmington Chamber of Commerce.
The award was conferred at the chamber's annual dinner on Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at Farmington Gardens in Farmington, CT.
KBE's headquarters, which houses nearly 100 employees, has been located in Farmington for almost 14 years. The 54-year old company also has an office in Columbia, Maryland, and manages projects throughout the entire Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
KBE has built a number of projects in Farmington, including:
- Middlewoods of Farmington, a senior living community located near the University of Connecticut Health Center;
- Renovation work at Tunxis Mead Park, one of the Town's public parks and recreation center;
- FaÃ§ade renovations at West Farms Mall;
- Renovation projects for Miss Porter's School, including construction administration of the natatorium at this private girls' school; and
- OneBeacon Insurance Company's new office, which included a 40,052 square feet of renovations and additions.
"We have worked with members of the Farmington Chamber of Commerce for many years," said Mike Kolakowski, KBE President and CEO. "Not only is it a strong, positive force in the town, but the value it brings to the business community is immeasurable. Thank you so much for this award. We truly appreciate the honor this brings us."
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Farmington, Connecticut and Columbia, Maryland, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, federal, corporate, seniors, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $2.3 billion in construction volume over the last decade, and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine's top 400 construction companies nationally. Visit the company's Web site at www.kbebuilding.com.