Emerald Kicks Off Football Frenzy
Emerald celebrates a festival of football with free access to key research on the world's most popular sport
May 19, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Global academic publisher, Emerald Group Publishing, is delighted to offer free access to a selection of football-related research articles from some of its leading publications to celebrate this summer's football frenzy. As the world's focus turns to Brazil, these insightful articles offer a different perspective on what it means to host a 'mega' event, both from a business and supporter perspective.
Available from 19 May to the 14 July 2014 - the articles are freely accessible by visiting www.emeraldinsight.com/tk/worldcup Covering topics related to economics, tourism and hospitality, marketing and branding, the ten articles take a broad look at some of the key issues surrounding the hosting and management of a major sport event, and include:
• Optimizing the potential of mega-events - examining the reasons that mega-events rarely realize their potential for host destinations and what needs to be addressed in rectifying this issue.
• The involvement and actions of residents of South Africa prior to the commencement of the 2010 Soccer World Cup - which has implications for the marketing of mega-events in other countries.
• Using sport in city re-branding - exploring the importance of sports events in city re-branding strategies, and how businesses can take advantage of such opportunities to increase their incomes.
• A look at the inspirational effects of three major sport events - does attending one-off sport event inspire audiences to increase their participation in sport?
As an established leader in management research, Emerald provides comprehensive research across all management disciplines with over 200 journals in this field. The articles presented here are taken from across Emerald's extensive portfolio, and include: the European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Strategy, Management Research and the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality and Tourism. For more information about Emerald, and its range of services, visit www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com
- ENDS -
Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. The company manages a portfolio of more than 290 journals and over 2,300 books and book series volumes. It also provides an extensive range of value-added products, resources and services to support its customers' needs.
Emerald is a partner of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and works with Portico and the LOCKSS initiative for digital archive preservation. It also works in close collaboration with a number of organizations and associations worldwide.
PR & Communities Manager
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Phone: +44 (0) 1274 777700
- See more at: http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/about/news/story.htm?id=5380#sthash.FwdtAZ3z.dpuf