NFL Hall of Famer Honored Amongst Others at Legendary Awards
February 10, 2014 (Newswire.com) - Divas Unlimited Inc. presented the 4th Annual Legendary Awards created to honor the accomplishments of citizens who have left an impact within their professional field of practice. The celebration took place at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, Georgia. The Annual Legendary Awards was hosted by Rodney Perry, a Host of Bounce TV's show Off The Chain and Kendra C. Johnson, an Actress on OWN Network hit show Love Thy Neighbor's.
This year's honorees were:
• Jim Kelly - NFL Hall of Famer, Buffalo Bills Quarterback - Lifetime Achievement Award
• Joe Louis Reliford - World's Youngest Pro Baseball Player - History Maker Award
• Jonathan Babineaux - Atlanta Falcons NFL Player - Community Award
• Sugar Shane Mosley - American Professional Boxer - Trailblazer Award
• Karyn Greer - 11Alive News Anchor - Media Icon Award
• Cameo - American Soul-Influenced Funk Group - Legendary Award
• Elisabeth Omilami - Award-Winning Actress - Humanitarian Award
• Legendary Awards Ambassador Teddy Riley Highlight Honorees: Shanti Das - CEO of Press Reset Entertainment and Madeline Nelson - VP of A&R, Artist and Label Relations at Sony Music
Celebrity guests, honorees, executives, elected officials and others were in attendance for the red carpet Big Rich Atlanta Sharlinda Parker, VH1 Couple's Therapy Kelsey Nykole, Own TV For Better or Worse Actor Brad James, Co-Star of Bravo's Kandi Factory Don Vito, Dekalb Chairman Robert Pitts, Cumulus Vice-President of Operations Colby Bruell, Vice-President of Franco Industries Steve Franco and others.
Rhonda Wilkins, Chair and CEO of the Legendary Awards Foundation, Creator and Executive Producer of the Legendary Awards and John Wilkins CEO of Divas Unlimited Inc., presented the Legendary Awards to a deserving and achieved group of honorees for its fourth year celebration. The Legendary Awards Foundation Board Member Dora Din-Durant announced its first winter initiative with Side by Side Brain Injury Center.
Performers included Two-Time Grammy Award-Winning group members Rasa Don and Headliner of Arrested Development who emerged back on the scene with a breaking performance, Germany hit singer Wolfgang Hildebrandt who did a heart wrenching tribute to Nelson Mandela and others, Case, Q Parker of 112, and Jase of Soul 4 Real followed with a tribute to Cameo, B Angie B and the Legendary Awards Choir who raised the roof.
Presenters included R&B Divas Creator Nicci Gilbert, Have and Have Nots Actor Palmer Williams, Host of HGTV's Property Virgins Egypt Sherod, Former Atlanta Falcons Player turned Pro Boxer Ray Edwards, Editor-in-Chief of Viva Magazine Katherine Phelps, Fulton County Chairman John Eaves, WXIA Producer Evelyn Mims, Licensed Professional Card Trader Jim Pasco and 20-year veteran of V103 House Announcer Joyce Littel.
Presenting Sponsors included Divas Unlimited Inc., a full service marketing and event production company, The Creations Group doing social impact commercial investments in Downtown Atlanta including the M. Rich Center and 34 Peachtree and Anushka Healthcare, owner of multiple hospital rehabilitation centers.
Stay up-to-date with The Legendary Awards online at www.legendaryawards.com and on Twitter and Instagram (@legendaryawards).